Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Plane spotting with AIG

I've got all 1218 flight plans installed and so far the airports have finally come to life! I would like to know what the best possible way to load up at an airport, using as little system resources as possible in order to get the best performance? I won't be flying, but just using the drone camera to do some plane spotting. I wish there was an invisible plane model or something like BOB from P3D that you can use. Instead of actually selecting a real plane. Since I won't be flying.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Very simple. Spawn at any airport with say C152 and use the drone.

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Thanks, I'll do that. But was wondering if there was anything less intensive than the C152.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Why does it matter? Select one of the most remote parking spots and you wont see your own plane 95% of the cases (or even more). Did some plane spotting like that myself yesterday, works almost perfectly. For me, for plane spotting using the drone, the only little drawback is the slow drone movement (which can be adjusted if I am not wrong). 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

But was wondering if there was anything less intensive than the C152.

I find the Cub the least intensive as it has no Garmin inside so doesn't have to render screens which uses a bit more CPU power (though less since SU5).

• Like 1