Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

Honeycomb Controller Bindings

Hi folks. I am not a pilot and in fact barely know how to fly in MSFS. Nonetheless, I just received a new Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant. I am so new that I just learning how to fly small single engine planes. I have watched videos that explained that the switches on the Bravo are set by default to the same lights that are set on the yoke and that you should reprogram the Bravo switches to something else. However, I am too new to know what are good candidates to set those switches to.

So for those of you who are able and willing to guide me, I would love assistance with selecting logical bindings for the Bravo switches and also for buttons and toggles on the Alpha if you're willing.

Thanks greatly in advance for anyone willing to give me guidance for this.

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

As above, Rmag's setup tips are highly recommended. I used this one to set up profiles for different aircraft. Take your time going through it and you'll be well prepared.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

For my single engine profile (c172) for example, I’ve setup my bravo to function the following: Park Brake, fuel pump, fuel shutoff valve(not the selector but the fuel cut off valve) and also pitot heat, most all lights battery alternator etc are already on the alpha. These are pretty much the most useful uses for the bravo switches I can find for a c172..

I wasn’t aware of the video references That were posted above so I’ll be sure to check it out to see.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thank you all. After watching and following the RMAG video on how to set up the switches, I have two questions (not sure I could get him to answer me directly):

He uses a Baron G58 to demonstrate everything as he sets it.

1. He sets the first switch to "SET ANTI ICE". When he hits that button, both the Prop and the Surface Auto buttons flip on in the cockpit. I am testing with the same plane and setting the switch the same way but when I hit the switch only the Surface Auto switch flips in the cockpit, not the Prop switch.; Why would I get a different result using what I think is the same aircraft and the same setting for the switch binding?

2. This question is more general. While he is in the Controller Settings menu in the sim, he sets a switch, and then when he tests that switch while still in the controller settings menu, that entry turns white and when he turns the switch off, it turns dark again. How come when I am in the Controller Settings menu and hit switches, etc., nothing changes in the menu, nothing turns white and then dark?

Thanks all,

Rob 

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

I believe there's been some changes in the Controls settings menu that screws up active determination of the bindings.  When you make a settings change, you have to unflip that switch to get it to show up and respond to "search by input."  Hope they fix it back to the way it worked back when Rmag made those videos.