Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Exits

I read that you must define the exits of a plane in the aircraft configuation file but what do you really do to the file to get the jetways and baggage crew to the right spot?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I read that you must define the exits of a plane in the>aircraft configuation file but what do you really do to the>file to get the jetways and baggage crew to the right spot?This has been asked and answered several times over the past few weeks, but once again, all you need to "add" are the x, y, z coordinates for the exit's location relative to the origin (0,0,0).In this wise, it is no different than the entries made for eyepoint, or wheel & scrape positions in the aircraft.cfg file.

>I read that you must define the exits of a plane in the>aircraft configuation file but what do you really do to the>file to get the jetways and baggage crew to the right spot?I just converted my AI traffic to be able to use jetways recently, and have discovered, a disturbing (but understandable) performance problem. So much so, I think I'm going to back it out, at least until SP1 is released. When you first enter your flight at a busy airport, my fPS drops to almost half, of what I get normally. This lasts only a minute or 2 but is very annoying. This is the time the jetways are engaging on all the AI aircraft. Once that is done frames go back to normal. As annoying as that is I could tolerate that, but what's worse though is the same thing seems to happen when flying over another congested airport. (Presumably the jetways are being set there too!) So I think as much as I like the realism of moving jetways on my AI aircraft, I think I'm going to have to live without it. This could be one of the reasons some people see worse performance than others with similar systems, especially if you are using default AI, which are set to use jetways.