Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

MSFS Joystick installation

Following lots of help and advice from Forum Members over the last few days (on another Post here)  I've now bought MSFS.

I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB joystick that works very well in a host of other Sims (inc: DCS - Il2 Cliffs of Dover, - Wings over Flanders + also 3rd Reich. - X-Plane - FSX - P3D & trusty old FS9)  It also works as expected in the Windows 10 Calibration graphics, and also the set-up Graphics in the MSFS program. Unfortunately when I go into the Sim, it is so erratic when operated  (seemingly uncontrolled movements - in the correct sense for the aircraft control but erratically)  that it makes control of the aircraft impossible

I am aware of the 'tuning' possible within the Sim.  (altering the curves etc.)  Is there something I'm missing please or is it just a case of me not yet getting the adjustments correct?

Your observations would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Blue

One thing I found with my controller was that the default assignements had two functions linked to one control which meant if I pressed that control (in my case the rudder) the plane did a massive jiggle. In the controller settings in the sim one of the filters allow you to see just the assigned controls. I would go into the sim and have the filter set to that and then see what controls are assigned and watch for duplicates.

CJ

11 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

One thing I found with my controller was that the default assignements had two functions linked to one control which meant if I pressed that control (in my case the rudder) the plane did a massive jiggle. In the controller settings in the sim one of the filters allow you to see just the assigned controls. I would go into the sim and have the filter set to that and then see what controls are assigned and watch for duplicates.

CJ

Thanks CJ -  Checking now.....

Regards,

Blue

If you used FSUIPC in any of your other sims, you may want to revisit this app here, if you find that the MSFS control setup does not work for you.

Plan A: do what was suggested above... it should work.

Plan B: FSUIPC7 allows you to move all controller assignments out of MSFS and set them up in a familiar environment.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you used FSUIPC in any of your other sims, you may want to revisit this app here, if you find that the MSFS control setup does not work for you.

Plan A: do what was suggested above... it should work.

Plan B: FSUIPC7 allows you to move all controller assignments out of MSFS and set them up in a familiar environment.

Does auto aircraft detection work like in P3D?

Thats a strong feature.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Does auto aircraft detection work like in P3D?

Thats a strong feature.

Michael Moe

I believe it does, but I have not used it.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hello again,

I cracked the problem with the Joystick Set-up. I was able to glean sufficient evidence to suggest it was likely to be something simple and did a little reading and mostly head scratching!  It was indeed a simple fix - I really am a Computer Numpty as I didn't understand the new Sims way of doing things. Once I cottoned on it was ME that was not switched 'On' - as opposed to the Sim. I sorted it. 😉

Now enjoying the Sim and feeling very grateful for the help and advice available here .

Thanks everyone!

Kind Regards,

Blue