Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

AIG Live Traffic won't Open

33 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

Hmmm maybe mine was the traffic program....sorry.

No biggie....it's all good.😎

Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz (Boost @ 4 GHz) | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 32GB (2x16) | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (Main OS) | Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD 2.5" (MSFS) | WD Blue 2TB SSD 2.5" (For MSFS ADDONS/MODS) | Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB MINI Graphics Card | Fractal Design Node 202 Case | Corsair SF450 PSU | Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27-in Monitor | WIn 10 PRO x64

On 11/30/2021 at 7:45 PM, somiller said:

Have you checked Event Viewer to see if there's any info. after you try to launch it?

I have given up on this live traffic app.  There is an error in the event viewer for the app but its all jibberish to me as I cant make out what the problem is.  I have gone on their forum and really nothing that helps.

I'm going to wait for something else to come out that is easier to use.  Trouble is I'm spending to much time tweaking, installing and trying to many solutions to get something to work that has nothing to do with what I want to do, FLYING THE AIRCRAFT!

Gnacino

On 12/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, Gnacino said:

I have given up on this live traffic app.  There is an error in the event viewer for the app but its all jibberish to me as I cant make out what the problem is.  I have gone on their forum and really nothing that helps.

I'm going to wait for something else to come out that is easier to use.  Trouble is I'm spending to much time tweaking, installing and trying to many solutions to get something to work that has nothing to do with what I want to do, FLYING THE AIRCRAFT!

Gnacino

Hey I dont know if you've solved this yet, but I had the same problem. I tried everything I could think of, and nothing worked. However, then I decided to try one last thing and downloaded the zip file to another drive. After extracting etc. it opened like normal! Dont know why my C drive was not working... Give this a shot tho. Hope it works.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, Gnacino said:

Saw an excellent tutorial on YouTube by FS'ERS.  The install looks lengthy, but the end result looks well worth it.

Problem is, I can't get the AIG AI Manager to open.  It should be a simple operation, open as admin, and the app should open, but it doesn't.

Tried turning off Windows Defender, and anti virus, but didn't help.  Anyone else have this issue or no how to get it going?

Gnacino

Hi,

I know it's an outdated post as hell and you might have found a workaround already by now. However, currently got stuck in the same situation as yours and was really frustrated to find a fix when I landed on this thread (Which I guess is the only related thread on the entire web regarding the issue with no fix). Did some effort and at last I managed to get it fixed. The problem relates to the location from where you run the executable and not any antivirus or firewall issue (As the behavior shows uncannily). I fixed it by extracting the "AIG Traffic controller" Zip folder to the desktop instead of running its executable from a drive (Where it ran from previously) and strangely it worked. 

OJ

Thanks for the reply.  I put the exe on the desktop as explained on the video from the start and nothing happens.  Sorry to say, I have given up on this program. No one on their site is able to give any help.  Just waiting for some other program that works to come out.

Gnacino

Did you actually put the exe on the desktop or was it a shortcut to the exe still within the AI Manager folder?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 4/2/2022 at 5:17 PM, Dave_YVR said:

Did you actually put the exe on the desktop or was it a shortcut to the exe still within the AI Manager folder?

I've tried it both ways, nothing works.

Gnacino

Run AIG TC as admin?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I was also having this issue. I fixed by running the following command in a elevated CMD window (CMD window opened with Run as Administrator). When the verification was complete (it took a few minutes) it found an error in the Window Protection system and automatically repaired the problems. I can now run the AI-Manager again. Give this a try and let me know if works for you.

Not sure what you mean.  Open cmd as admin? Then what? Run the AI-Manager again?

Gnacino

14 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Not sure what you mean.  Open cmd as admin? Then what? Run the AI-Manager again?

Gnacino

He is referring to this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:38 AM, JimBrown said:

Thanks Jim, Tried it and reported back with no faults.  I have tried everything suggested and can't figure out what is wrong.  Like I said before, I'm hanging up on this freeware till someone comes with a program that works for me.  It's a shame  cause it looks like a great program.

Gnacino

Came across the same issue, copying d3d9.dll file from Windows/System32 folder to the Ai-Manager installation folder and then running Ai-Manager.exe as admin fixed it. Hope this will help you!