Sign in to follow this  
BigG433

Issues with Carenado installations in v5.3

Is anyone else struggling with Carenado installations in v5.3? I've tried 4 different aircraft installations and while the install completes with no errors, each aircraft is plagued with transparent panels/surfaces and controller issues. Only the throttle and prop levers are recognized using my TQ6. Tried setting up mixture levers in both P3D and FSUIPC... no joy. Submitted a support ticket with Carenado a couple of days ago.

On a positive note, the Milviz KA350i is working flawlessly for me in v5.3! Unusable experience for my personally in v5.2 but performance in v5.3 along with Orbx scenery forced me to knock the dust off my P3D install. v5.3 has proven to be a true game changer for me!

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Please disregard as I am able to install Carenado aircraft in v5.3. I ran the install for a 3rd time today in an attempt to capture a screenshot I could forward to Carenado support. However the previous issues did not re-occur. I did run the Windows 11 update earlier today so perhaps that may have helped in some way.

Moderators, please feel free to remove this post if necessary.

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Hi, can you be a little more specific how in detail  the installation process run? 

My process so far. It fails, I don't see the aircraft in the Vehicle-menu

for instance  SR22 GTS 

1.) after start I choose P3D4 > shall I route the installation to user/documents/Prpar3D-addons or not?

2.) run P3D v5 patch. Is a patch for P3D v5.3 available?

what's wrong with this installation process?

Carenado installers install everything into the root of the sim.

Meaning that's the path you pick when running the installer.

That said it is possible to install into an Addons folder path but you'd have to roll your own addon.xml and likely edit aircraft and panel configs to suit such pathing.

It's easiest to just point it at your sim root.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather