Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

FBW A320 and Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Hi fellow simmers, and Seasons Greetings to you all.

I am hoping someone can guide me as to how to configure my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog throttle to work with the FBW A320 with detents and reverse thrust. I have it set up to work with the the default A320 (not with detents)  and also use it correctly in P3D, both with reverse thrust on the throttle axis.

FBW have some excellent help notes on their website, but I am not winning, so any and all help appreciated. Thanks

George Westwell

Hi, Seasons Greetings too!

I have been using the THW throttle and Joystick for nearly 2 years and of course MSFS since August last year. The FBW has always been a problem but the reverse and lifting the throttle over the bar #29/30 was working. I use FSUIPC7. I have communicated with John Dowson about this. He is thinking of purchasing the THW to look at this as I have issues with it now. 

Bottom line is that there is an issue, but will be resolved. I am not looking at this now, as I'm assisting with all my time with HYPE and the H145.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

2 hours ago, FlightSimToday said:

Do you not set this up via the EFB in the FBW?

You can then save the detents to where you want them. 

Exactly what i do with my Thrustmaster Warthogg set up. Use the EFB to set your detents, and assign a button for reverse thrust. works fine guys.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The settings for the throttle detents are definitely set in the EFB of the FBW A320.  I strongly recommend looking at the tutorial available from 'flightsimtoday'.

For the reverse thrust I do NOT use the EFB. In fact in the EFB I turn off any reverse thrust settings.

To set reverse thrust I make use of the fact that in the Flight Sim if you press the 'Decrease Throttle' command ( F2 on the keyboard ) and keep it pressed then the throttle will go into reverse thrust.  So I assign these to the reverser switches on the Hotas Throttle. The switches are numbers 29 and 30 so both of these are assigned to 'Decrease Throttle'.

I should say that I do not split the throttle so I have not experimented with using separate throttles.
This method also makes reverse thrust work on any aircraft with such a reverser facility.

Moving the throttle away from the reversers area disengages reverse. 

Using this method does not allow for any control of the amount of reverse thrust applied. When engaged the reverse power increases to its maximum allowed value until it is switched off.  For me this is an acceptable compromise.

Regards

Trevor