Sign in to follow this  
Quijote

Cannot get P2A to let me select runways when P2A lacks wind

I have been flying MSFS in Africa and South America lately and frequently NOAA does not have weather for the airports I am using. If I try to use Sim Weather, that looks for it in the Xplane folders. Nope! So I start a flight plan in MSFS and it shows the wind for departure and arrival. So I go back to P2A to set runways appropriate for the predicted winds. But P2A frequently will not change what it set when I first selected the airport. When I check P2A weather, it says Weather Data Not Available, but also says runway 27 in use. So it forces me to use 27 when MSFS says that I will be getting 09.

Try as I might, I cannot get to P2A to change to runway 09. I have the Force Runway Selection box checked. I don't mind the lack of weather, but want the ability to set the runway, or at least ask for a change of runway when I am getting close and the wind is clearly wrong. Perhaps I don't know how to do this - so am open to correction....

On the FltPlan tab of Config check the option "Force Pilot Runway Selection".

Then on the SID panel, check the "Force Dep Rwy" option, select the runway and  then press the "Set Rwy" button.  Or select a SID for the desired runway and Load it. 

For arrival, do the similar procedure on the Approach or STAR selection window.

If you want to fly the flight plan as filed, uncheck all 3 ATC Assigns options on the FltPlan tab of Config.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Dave, I'm pretty sure that I already did all those things, but  I will do them again exactly as you have specified. OK, I did find that somehow ATC Assigns Approaches got checked in the FltPln menu. So I turned that off, but left Force Pilot Runway Selection checked.

Then I went back to this morning's flight - FWKA to HTIR. I was able to change the departure runway at FWKA, but HTIR was stuck on rwy 20 and nothing would change it. Neither of those airports have NOAA weather, so I have to use MSFS values once it is loaded. 

See if you can change HTIR as an arrival.... Thanks.