Sign in to follow this  
Baz2742

Help with setting up Reverse Thrust

I am having problems with reverse thrust in the Boeing 787 and Boeing 747. The A320NX reverse works ok. I have a separate profile setup for this a/c. 

I have allocated a button on my Saitek X55 to enable reverse thrust. This seemed to work switching to reverse but as soon as I increase the throttle again the reversers close. I tried to set another button to HOLD Reverse Thrust but that does not seem to do anything. Can anyone tell me if there is a particular way to set this up?

Thank you,

Baz

Barry Wells

I would as well like to see, or get pointed to some general topic/videos on setting up reverse thrust. especially if it transcends a variety of aircraft models and variety of flight controls without the need to employ 3rd party interfaces like fsuipc or SpadNext.

As a non-programmer too much of my enjoyable/possible flight time has previously been diverted to trial-and-error use of those admittedly great products due to lack of simvar or programming knowledge.  But the frustration also incorporates lack of of more direct built-in support features from the simulators themselves or from more direct sim-specific support from the developers of the flight controls.  

User-friendly has been fleeting......  

I just want to fly.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I found the buttom system doesn't work the way I would want it to but with an actual throttle, you should be able to get reverse thrust working correctly for a two engine jet using throttle1 and throttle 2 axis (0 - 100%) in the throttle settings.  Make sure the Reverse Axis box is not selected.  Center your throttle first which would be zero thrust on the z axis, so when the throttle drops below the center, the engines go into reverse thrust and turn off when you move the throttle back to center.   ( I am using a joystick throttle combo system though (thrustmaster hotas flight stick). I would assume just add more throttles axis ( 0 - 100%)  in settings (3, 4 etc) to add more engines even if you were only using one actual throttle system. 

Edited by Isaiah53six
clarification

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I couldn't get the reversers working for the 787 the other day using the in game controls but I have spad.next so I got it working using that on my tca throttle quadrant