Sign in to follow this  
Piepal

airport activation fails (simmarket)

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So what was the problem? Wrong email address?

I think he just followed @fluffyflops advice above, Ray.

Edited by Sparkrite

50 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

I think he just followed @fluffyflops advice above, Ray.

That suggestion requires another product from SimMarket to be installed first. Suppose that was his first. Bit naughty of them to say there was a fault with his PC when there was nothing of the sort.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 12/30/2021 at 7:19 AM, Piepal said:

Customer support said they won't help me cause is my pc fault so I have to find the cause not they.

customer support did the same  cut and past reply  when i had the LICC issue.  my guess is something is wrong in the installer, as if you install another simmarket product then the LICC one it seems to work.

rule of thumb seems to be if you do a reinstall of your system, you have to install another simmarket product before LICC, you cant install it first basically.  Alas dont ever expect them to admit that, it will always be something wrong with your system, and never a developers hooky coding.  thats flightsim 101.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Hi to all, thanks for your interest. Yes I installed another simmarket product (another airport for p3d v1 that I don't even have installed on my pc). When installation started, on the middle of blue progression bar, I canceled the process so it reverts and erased new folders yet created. Magically after that LICC started flawlessly, opened browser and granted permissions. My faulty pc repaired itself (magic of technology, hi). Thanks again to all you friends.

Pietro Marchese 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

That suggestion requires another product from SimMarket to be installed first. Suppose that was his first. Bit naughty of them to say there was a fault with his PC when there was nothing of the sort.

Yes was first on this PC, tons on my old...

Pietro Marchese 

Just dropping-in to share that, one year on, this is still an issue with RFSB's LICC scenery.

Also that @fluffyflops fix (install another SimMarket scenery first) is still the right one (thank you!). I would add though that I think the scenery you install first needs to be one that uses the same type of installer as the LICC scenery. In my case, I installed a UK2000 scenery (from SimMarket) before LICC, and this didn't help. It was only after I installed LIPZ, also by RFSB, that the LICC installation worked.

SimMarket support seemingly remain unaware of the issue ("We are 100% sure something is wrong on your side...") and took me down a whole rabbit hole of making unnecessary, and increasingly risky system changes before I found the answer here! 

Edited by tfoggo
Punctuation
  • Upvote 1