Sign in to follow this  
RoomyKestrel235

KASE Aspen Localizer Signal Lost

Does anyone know why when inbound on the Aspen localizer approach (111.15), it loses its signal at around 4.5NM? Is this bug? This seems to be the only airport it happens.Thanks.

What Nav system are you using, Nav driving CDI, or G1000 etc?

I've flown that approach but don't remember it losing the localizer on final...it may have, just don't remember it. According to Navigraph data in LittleNavMap both Localizer-E and Localizer 15 approaches show a manual (obviously visual) leg after CEYAG(MAP) all the way to the runway which is about a 3.5 mile leg. Maybe you lose the signal at CEYAG. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just flew two approaches to Rwy 15 on Approach LOC DME-E (111.15) in the DA62x with G1000NXi and was on the radio beam all the way to touchdown.  The 2nd one - I tried getting off the beam, high and wide, at KICER and again at FIMSO and both time the G1000/CDI LOC kept pointing as it should.  

However, the 2nd time I landed the AP kicked off at 400' AGL despite being right on the centerline and two red/two white on the runway lights.  Is that what you are describing?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

9 hours ago, RoomyKestrel235 said:

Does anyone know why when inbound on the Aspen localizer approach (111.15), it loses its signal at around 4.5NM? Is this bug? This seems to be the only airport it happens.Thanks.

Also, is this the stock G1000 or the NXi version?  I'd recommend downloading the NXi version - free from the Marketplace.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for checking. I have programmed the LOC/DME-E and LOC/DME-15 into the simulator so I can load the approaches quickly into G1000/flight computer. I removed that folder from community folder and the localizer works down to runway. There must be something wrong with my custom approaches. Oh well... back to work.