Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

LearJet 36A

After installing the extended range tip tanks on the lear, I have been making quite the journey with the aircraft. Going from Bar Harbor, Maine to Keflavik Iceland non-stop and then turning around going back to KBHB, gassing up and going from KBHB allllllll the way to TwentyNine Palms California (5hr 35min trip) nonstop was really fun to do! The new endurance the jet has is remarkable. Granted, the East to West flight had me step climb up to FL450 pretty quickly and I landed with….. 5 gallons of Jet-A in each wing tank but I made it! Had headwinds up to 160kts for 1/4th of the journey which didn’t help but even with all of that factored in my Lear’s turbofans never flamed out 😂. With that being said, I would really like to see FSW develop the LearJet 36A for us. I’d imagine making the existing 35A model into a 36A wouldn’t be too difficult right? And if Mark actually incorporated the Extended range tip tanks mod into the 36A that would make the LearJet literally a nonstop trans Atlantic aircraft. Idk just a thought. He’s probably too busy trying to port over existing models to FS2020 plus he’s been pretty quiet lately so I know he’s probably elbow deep in personal matters outside of simming but I can dream right? Now that we have a top tier realistic LearJet frame, making other Lear models shouldn’t be out of the question I hope! And I’ll take a wild swing and say if he developed the 36A, it would fly off the shelves (no pun intended). 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:30 AM, Deltaair1212 said:

After installing the extended range tip tanks on the lear

How did you do that?

I've been thinking of modding the 35 to represent a 36. The main differences I came up with so far were removing the seat row furthest aft, and then enlarging the center tank by 200 (or was it 300?) gallons and moving it's center forward by - if memory serves correctly - .7 ft. Something I forgot?

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

There’s a guy on here that developed extended tanks for the lear! The mod is in the learjet forum section maybe three or four pages down. It’s really easy to install and works like a dream 

• Like 1

Cool, thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else