Sign in to follow this  
Iadbound

Chaseplane Static Camera Support in P3D v5

As much as I like Chaseplane, I'm rather frustrated that we are still awaiting the implementation of static camera view support for P3d v.5.x.  So a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have any information, even a rumor, about whether or not this feature is coming?

2. Any clever workarounds I should know?

3. Ezdok v.3.1 instead?

I'll add that I've been doing a bit of GA flying with my VA in X-Plane, and I'm reminded that X-Camera is so good with static cameras, view changes, etc. that it is sorely missed in Chaseplane.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1. Is it the world camera which works fine with 5.3 ? or do you meen a pre-defined static camera ? (which would be nice for replay etc)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

or do you meen a pre-defined static camera ? (which would be nice for replay etc)

I'm referring to the "Static Camera" category where in P3D v4.5 the program could read airport data and create a series of logical static cameras.  Under P3D v.5, in the static camera category window, it specifically states "Airport Data not supported in P3Dv5".  I keep hoping that //42 will follow through and update Chaseplane to enable this feature again.  Indeed, back when P3Dv5 came out //42 said the following:

"Broken: Airport scanning abilities will be disabled for the time being. Not a heavily used feature, but a feature nonetheless. Prepar3D v5 brought in changes that majorly affected this piece of our code, it shall return!"

https://parallel42.medium.com/parallel-42-and-prepar3d-v5-support-2422340bb59f

29 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

I'm referring to the "Static Camera" category where in P3D v4.5 the program could read airport data and create a series of logical static cameras.  Under P3D v.5, in the static camera category window, it specifically states "Airport Data not supported in P3Dv5".  I keep hoping that //42 will follow through and update Chaseplane to enable this feature again.  Indeed, back when P3Dv5 came out //42 said the following:

"Broken: Airport scanning abilities will be disabled for the time being. Not a heavily used feature, but a feature nonetheless. Prepar3D v5 brought in changes that majorly affected this piece of our code, it shall return!"

https://parallel42.medium.com/parallel-42-and-prepar3d-v5-support-2422340bb59f

I remember now. - It was actually very nice . There was pre defined camera with nearby by NM by your choice to search and you could make your own as well

Thanks

Michael Moe 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Looks like we got back the great static world cameras. They were great for spotting and replays etc.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Looks like we got back the great static world cameras. They were great for spotting and replays etc.

Michael Moe

Michael, I'm still getting the message: "Airport Data not supported in P3Dv5" in static tab. Where did you get that info?

Sergio Naiberg

20 minutes ago, SergioN said:

Michael, I'm still getting the message: "Airport Data not supported in P3Dv5" in static tab. Where did you get that info?

Well i must admit i didnt test them out but my safed static was showing under presets. I assume they would work. Maybe not?

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Well i must admit i didnt test them out but my safed static was showing under presets. I assume they would work. Maybe not?

Michael Moe 

That always worked, what the OP is referring is chaseplane to detect all airport data and create all static cameras automatically (eg: all gates, runways, etc)

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

Just to be clear, because I think it’s poorly explained in that “status airports not working” disclaimer:

You can still create your own profiles for static cameras at airports in v5. What is missing is the auto-generated static cameras (ex: Gate 100 KSFO camera) 

• Like 1