Sign in to follow this  
Overload

Varjo Aero Pre-order

My Varjo Aero is due to be delivered tomorrow (I'm in the UK).

I notice from the Fedex tracking information, it is coming from China, via Hong Kong, so I'm a bit worried I'll have to pay some hefty import duty tax?

Anyone other UK purchaser's had one delivered yet, and know the import tax situation?

Thanks

Eugene 

Eugene, I’m in the UK but not heard anything yet, I missed the pre-order gate sadly but ordered early December through systemactive, the uk distributor , so I would presume the price paid includes taxes.

Where and when did you order yours? 

Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I ordered on the 21/10/2021, through a company called Digital River based in Ireland. That was the company that handled UK orders at the time.

My order seems to have fallen off the radar. I had a Fedex tracking number that gave a lot of detail about its tracking, was due here last Monday, then Tuesday, now the tracking isn't working at all.

I suspect it could be a victim of the new variant of Covid, with Fedex crews going sick. Hong Kong has some of the most draconian covid restrictions, with self isolation of 21 days! 

I'm fairly relaxed about it, they're a reputable company as far as I can tell, and I paid with an AMEX card, so I should be covered.

I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

I ordered some goods from Germany last year, value £165, 4 months after delivery I got a bill from Fedex for import duty of £57 (a Brexit dividend!), hoping I'm not going to get another one!

Eugene 

Good luck with it.

Varjo we’re saying 12 weeks for delivery when I ordered early December with systemactive but they suspected that would be a worse case.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

It's arrived! The base station and headset came in separate deliveries, which seemed a bit odd. 

The plastic envelope with the paperwork in it, had been opened, I suspect to ascertain the value, which they'd put down at €2240, another odd number.

I'm betting on a hefty import bill in due course - but might take months to show up?

Eugene

Plenty of time to move house, they’ll never catch you !

Let me know what you think of it once you’ve had a play

787 captain.