Sign in to follow this  
ark

GTN 750s Capabilities Clarification

59 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

Based on the comments on WT's discord, it's the 750 installed alongside the NXi, with the 750 and the VFR map showing the NXi flight plan.   WT's avionics framework was released as open source a few weeks ago and it looks like pimarc has been putting a lot of effort into adapting it.

That is most interesting... I do not yet see the 750 capable of doing this without the G1000 in the background..

If it can break through and do it on its own, I am all in. 🙂

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is most interesting... I do not yet see the 750 capable of doing this without the G1000 in the background..

If it can break through and do it on its own, I am all in. 🙂

Another thought that makes this interesting and potentially next level is that the g100nxi PFD and g500txi are very similar in layouts and functionality (not 1:1 though). If someone made a garmin 500txi (pimarc or WT) that could be added to third party aircraft (like the mooney, seneca, Cessna 414A coming out), then you get something really cool. 

Here's an example of what those two platforms are fully capable of today: 

44 minutes ago, Ajb376 said:

Another thought that makes this interesting and potentially next level is that the g100nxi PFD and g500txi are very similar in layouts and functionality (not 1:1 though). If someone made a garmin 500txi (pimarc or WT) that could be added to third party aircraft (like the mooney, seneca, Cessna 414A coming out), then you get something really cool. 

Here's an example of what those two platforms are fully capable of today: 

TDS GTN xi can do smart glide.

51839086309_740e89e8ae_o.pngsmartglide by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

51838852193_c43cc0ae8d_o.pngsmartglide2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

30 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

TDS GTN xi can do smart glide.

51839086309_740e89e8ae_o.pngsmartglide by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

51838852193_c43cc0ae8d_o.pngsmartglide2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Right but is it connected to the AP? And while I know you and others have put an overlay in the app, you can’t manipulate it. For someone that’s almost exclusively vr, it makes it a non starter and I will stick with pms for now. 

4 minutes ago, Ajb376 said:

Right but is it connected to the AP? And while I know you and others have put an overlay in the app, you can’t manipulate it. For someone that’s almost exclusively vr, it makes it a non starter and I will stick with pms for now. 

I cannot comment at this time.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

I cannot comment and this time.

Haha. Well hope you’re enjoying testing it out in the sim! Excited to see what’s to come 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, FPStewy said:

I don't have it yet but It now has working crossover with the WT Nxi G1000. Jezzz how cool is that.

9nl16zM.jpg

As good as it can get right now as the NXI will be the standard and it has a lot of room for improvement ontop of its already nice code.

But isnt it with the panel popout only ? We want it in the cockpit.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.