Sign in to follow this  
CanukUK

Removing old flight tracks in LittleNavMap

Is there any way of removing my old flight tracks from the map and elevation windows in LNM without having to do a complete reset? I've done the reset option a couple of times to 'clear the field' as it were but, surely their must be a way of removing old flight tracks without doing this?

Also, I often fly to or out of Blackbushe AP (EGLK) in the UK as it used to be my home airport in my PPL days. I notice that within LNM, the field elevation is stated to be 1066ft (which would make it the highest point in southeast UK!!). The actual field elevation is about 100m (320ft.) so the info given is obviously incorrect. How can this be rectified?  (Just a thought: when the field elev data was entered did they inadvertently post it in metres which was auto-converted to feet ASL)

Regarding your second point: Do you have any add-ons which might be affecting this? EGLK on my copy has elevation 323ft.

Ian Box

Go to Map/delete aircraft track,

or there is a button 10 from the left on the first row of icons.

• Upvote 1

Dave

1 hour ago, ConstVoid said:

Regarding your second point: Do you have any add-ons which might be affecting this? EGLK on my copy has elevation 323ft.

I've checked my add-on files and community folder and there are no apparent additions to the basic info.  it would be interesting to hear from any others who have this same EGLK elevation error.

Edited by CanukUK

1 hour ago, Tigerhawk said:

Go to Map/delete aircraft track,

or there is a button 10 from the left on the first row of icons.

Ah, found it!!  That's the problem sometimes with LNM, so many buttons! (And 'hovering' over them with the cursor doesn't show what they are!

Many thanks!!

4 hours ago, CanukUK said:

Ah, found it!!  That's the problem sometimes with LNM, so many buttons! (And 'hovering' over them with the cursor doesn't show what they are!

Almost all buttons show a tooltip (small help window). Did you disable this in options "Display and Text" by any chance?

12 hours ago, albar965 said:

Almost all buttons show a tooltip (small help window). Did you disable this in options "Display and Text" by any chance?

I've checked and I haven't clicked the 'disable tooltips' box.  I still have no tooltips showing.

Also, I disabled my community folder contents and I'm stll showing EGLK at 1066' field elevation.  I guess I'm just going to have to ignore this!

5 hours ago, CanukUK said:

I've checked and I haven't clicked the 'disable tooltips' box.  I still have no tooltips showing.

Strange. Tooltips are normally no issue. You can try to reset all settings the LNM tools menu but I'm not sure if it worth to lose all settings. I'll have a look if something else can hide the tooltips.

5 hours ago, CanukUK said:

Also, I disabled my community folder contents and I'm stll showing EGLK at 1066' field elevation.  I guess I'm just going to have to ignore this!

This is most likely an airport altitude correction going wrong. Stock shows 325 ft.

Alex

20 hours ago, albar965 said:

Strange. Tooltips are normally no issue. You can try to reset all settings the LNM tools menu but I'm not sure if it worth to lose all settings. I'll have a look if something else can hide the tooltips.

This is most likely an airport altitude correction going wrong. Stock shows 325 ft.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I've done a full reset of LNM excluding my FS2020 community folder and the EGLK elevation is still 1066ft. and tooltips still aren't showing.  Will it be best to delete my existing LNM installation and re-download?

Over to you!

Just now, CanukUK said:

I've done a full reset of LNM excluding my FS2020 community folder and the EGLK elevation is still 1066ft. and tooltips still aren't showing.  Will it be best to delete my existing LNM installation and re-download?

No. This won't help. What does LNM show in the scenery information section in the airport tab? There is a list of involved BGL files. No need to make a screenshot. You can simply copy and paste the formatted text from LNM into the forum.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

No. This won't help. What does LNM show in the scenery information section in the airport tab? There is a list of involved BGL files. No need to make a screenshot. You can simply copy and paste the formatted text from LNM into the forum.

Alex

I just checked and found that the MSFS scnery library wasn't downloaded. Just updated it and EGLK elevation now showing as 323feet! (I haven't reinstalled my community folder.) I loaded a previously saved flightplan terminating at EGLK and it corrected to show the correct landing altitude.

I'll now reinstall my community folder (including gobby's blackbushe update) and see if that's what causes the problem.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, albar965 said:

No. I even clicked on it to set it, applied and OK'd it, then clicked again, applied and OK'd it but tooltips still don't show

3 hours ago, CanukUK said:

No. I even clicked on it to set it, applied and OK'd it, then clicked again, applied and OK'd it but tooltips still don't show

Never seen this problem before. You can try to reset and restart LNM in the tools menu. Maybe this helps.

Alex

20 hours ago, CanukUK said:

I just checked and found that the MSFS scnery library wasn't downloaded. Just updated it and EGLK elevation now showing as 323feet! (I haven't reinstalled my community folder.) I loaded a previously saved flightplan terminating at EGLK and it corrected to show the correct landing altitude.

I'll now reinstall my community folder (including gobby's blackbushe update) and see if that's what causes the problem.

I reloaded my Scenery Library including gobby's blackbushe file in the community folder and, horrors!, it's revised the field elev to 1066ft, so I've removed it again.

I've contacted gobby at flightsim.to to advise him of this. Hopefully he'll issue a revision shortly.

11 minutes ago, CanukUK said:

I reloaded my Scenery Library including gobby's blackbushe file in the community folder and, horrors!, it's revised the field elev to 1066ft, so I've removed it again.

I've contacted gobby at flightsim.to to advise him of this. Hopefully he'll issue a revision shortly.

Thanks for the feedback. This looks like the elevation was entered in 323 meters when compiling the add-on resulting in 1066 ft in the BGL.

Alex