Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has had this problem with the Bravo Quadrant. I have been having this problems for months now and it is very intermittant. I cannot seem to replicate or when it fixes I am unable to work out if it is something I have done or the quadrant has righted itself.

Le me give you some context in MSFS, although I think this has also happened in all the sims. I am approaching into Dubai last night and on approach I start to set my flaps and lower the landing gear. No response from the flaps switch at all, and the landing gear seems to be stuck in the "UP" position and only pressing and holding the gear button on the keyboard extends the gear. Looking at the Windows USB controller settings show all other axes working but some of the switches are shown as permanently pressed namely the Master Battery light e.t.c ( in the sim I do not have these assigned to anything as I fly in VR) and no switch records an OFF state

I also looked at the Joystick input tool on the https://gamepad-tester.com/ site and this confirms that some of the switches reamin in the ON state.

Now sometimes this problem then just disapears without notice, I have tried choosing different USB ports, changing power management of the devices, nothing seems to rectify anything and then something will make it work again.

I think its the hardware as I have only had this happen a few months back and no problem when I initially had the Bravo. I am hoping someone else has had this problem so I can hold onto some of the grey hair I have already.

If you have any suggestions that I have not tried already, please could you post them, I am pretty computer savvy so willing to try anything. I am holding off buying a new unit as the throttle axes, spoilers and mixtures all work ok and I have a Warthog which can take on the gear and flap assignments

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Did you test with another USB cable (and clean up the Bravo connector) ?

Just another suggestion...

Gérard

32 minutes ago, gaab said:

Did you test with another USB cable (and clean up the Bravo connector) ?

Just another suggestion...

Gérard

I will certainly give that a go, one thing I have not tried I admit.

I will get back if it helps

UPDATE - Tried 2 different USB cables, same result unfortunately

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Apparently your are from Europ - well, sort of 😉

This looks like a contact issue. You should open a ticket at Aerosoft - they are very helpful (my personal experience).

Gérard