Sign in to follow this  
rscarter43

Gate numbers wrong in Little Nav Map

The gate numbers for some airports in Little Nav Map don't match the gate numbers in Navgraph Charts nor do they match the gate numbers in MSFS 2020.  How can we edit the gate numbers in LNM or get updated info for LNM from some source?

Sorry, you cannot edit the gate numbers in LNM. You need to change the scenery library to do this.

Two possibilities:

1. The airports are payware and are locked down by a DRM scheme: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#no-airport-msfs

2. If they are not locked down by DRM (i.e. they are freeware) you ran into this known bug which will be fixed with the next release (not soon, sorry): https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/802

What is shown in LNM matches the scenery library and add-ons (provided above bug does not show up) which is not necessarily what can be found on the charts.

Alex

Hi Alex! First af all, I want to thank you for the amazing job you make with little navmap. Secondly I have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to skip one particular airport in the scenery library scan? I went around this locked down by DRM issue by adding a freeware version of the airport at community folder, thus having a more accurate layout with correct gate numbers after one scan, then deleting the freeware to avoid conlicts with the payware one. Problem is that for next scan I´ll have to do it all over again.

1 hour ago, VoodooSJ said:

Hi Alex! First af all, I want to thank you for the amazing job you make with little navmap. Secondly I have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to skip one particular airport in the scenery library scan? I went around this locked down by DRM issue by adding a freeware version of the airport at community folder, thus having a more accurate layout with correct gate numbers after one scan, then deleting the freeware to avoid conlicts with the payware one. Problem is that for next scan I´ll have to do it all over again.

Thank you for the kind words!

You can exclude a BGL file or a whole folder from scanning in options on the page "Scenery Library Database". Add the BGL to the upper list to exclude it.
The exclusion is based only on files. You cannot exclude an airport from a file.

Alex

• Like 1

Thank you Alex for the quick response. Unfortunately that didn´t work. After anew scan I got a blank airport, which after more though on it, it is normal behaviour, I should have forseen that. But what I did, and it worked, is to leave the BGL file of the freeware airport, that LNM told me it was using, in the community folder keeping the folder structure too and deleting the other files If there is a conflict, which it shouldn´t be, as i think MSFS doesn´t load sceneries if it doesn´t find the manifest.json file, i´ll just edit the context.xml file. Another advantage is that I won´t have to deal with the other airports excluded with the default bgl file. By the way, is there a way to know which default airports are contained in each BGL file?

On 1/24/2022 at 10:26 PM, VoodooSJ said:

Thank you Alex for the quick response. Unfortunately that didn´t work. After anew scan I got a blank airport, which after more though on it, it is normal behaviour, I should have forseen that. But what I did, and it worked, is to leave the BGL file of the freeware airport, that LNM told me it was using, in the community folder keeping the folder structure too and deleting the other files If there is a conflict, which it shouldn´t be, as i think MSFS doesn´t load sceneries if it doesn´t find the manifest.json file, i´ll just edit the context.xml file. Another advantage is that I won´t have to deal with the other airports excluded with the default bgl file. By the way, is there a way to know which default airports are contained in each BGL file?

MSFS ignores packages without manifest.json and layout.json as far as I know. LNM ignores packages with these files missing.

You can try to rename the folders to change the loading order if this is wrong but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

You can use the LNM search function to find airports within a BGL file.

Alex

grafik.png

Alex

• Like 1

Heh, learn something new every day. I never scrolled over to see the columns on the far right with the scenery paths and files. I should have undocked the search window then it would have been easier to see.

Another brilliant piece of work by Alex! Thanks.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB