Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Cannot return to cockpit from fixed views

How do we make this possible?

User has a controller with 4 main buttons (A, B, Y X)

User assigns button A to cockpit view and button B to fixed view 4...?

This is so basic (!) Please tell me what I am asking is easily do able. It certainly should be

So you can go from cockpit view to fixed view 4 by pressing 1 button (for both)? Or one button for cockpit and one button for fixed view 4?

How!?
Thanks!

34 minutes ago, robert young said:

I fixed this long ago by reverting to default cameras and now the change from drone to cockpit works ok.

34 minutes ago, robert young said:

I fixed this long ago by reverting to default cameras and now the change from drone to cockpit works ok.

Currently I am going from a/ cockview to b/ default external view to c/ fun landing view

ie 3 button presses to go back and forth

i would rather only need 2 button presses is this possible?

14 minutes ago, USERINPUTERROR said:

accidentally did multiple posts i do not know how to delete the redundant posts i am new to using this forum

New members cannot delete their posts. I’ve tidied things up for you. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, robert young said:

Nope. It doesn't work. I'm NOT looking to go back to the cockpit from external views, quick views or ANY other view. I know how to do that! I want to get back to either the standard external view or cockpit view AFTER I have done this: TOGGLE FIXED view 1,2,3,4 etc etc. You can set a key binding or joystick button to toggle a FIXED VIEW. Fixed views are not like ANY other view. Sure I can go back to anywhere I want using the toolbar camera menu, but I want a simple key press or two key presses to get back to the cockpit or external view. It doesn't work!

Once you have TOGGLED a FIXED view using a mapped key or button, it is locked as far as MSFS is concerned. It will not go back to a standard cockpit or external view. Furthermore, if I assign a key to toggle the drone camera after I have set a Fixed view toggle, then the drone toggle key now becomes a toggle key for the Fixed view again, even though I never assigned it.

Please try it. It must be a bug. I've tried many, many combinations and none of them work. That is why I stated really emphatically at the beginning of this thread that FIXED VIEWS are completely different from any other kind of view and the normal key bindings to get back to where ever you were do not work.

If anyone has a clever solution to this I'd be very grateful to receive it. Please FORGET other views. I'm talking only about a key to toggle a FIXED view and back. Toggle should mean one press gets you somewhere and pressing it again should get you back to where you were before. It doesn't work in this case.

With default key-bindings, I was experiencing the following behaviours which I suspect are the same or similar - apologies if they are not but they may help some other poor soul in the same boat as me:

Good Behaviour

Starting from Cockpit:

END takes you from Cockpit to default External View (behind plane, with HUD)

Ctrl + Shift + 4 (for example) takes you to Fixed View Undercarriage

Ctrl + Shift + 4 returns you to default External View*

END takes you back to Cockpit

* or if you switch from Fixed View Undercarriage to say Fixed View Left Wing with Ctrl + Shift + 2, you need to return from there to default External View by hitting Ctrl + Shift + 2 again before you can return to the Cockpit using END

Confusing Behaviour 1

Starting from Cockpit:

Ctrl + Shift + 4 (for example) takes you to Fixed View Undercarriage

END takes you to Drone Mode (behind plane, no HUD)

This is easily done and confusing because if you don't realise you're in Drone Mode then you're stuck in what you believe to be an External View / Fixed View cycle. At this point the following options are available (and you only want the last one):

• END again simply toggles between the last Fixed View (say Undercarriage) and Drone Mode
  • Ctrl + Shift + [number] takes you to the relevant Fixed View
  • INSERT toggles back to default External View (behind plane, with HUD) and from there END takes you back to Cockpit

Confusing Behaviour 2

Starting from Cockpit:

Ctrl + Shift + 4 (for example) takes you to Fixed View Undercarriage

INSERT takes you to default External View (behind plane, with HUD)**

This can lead to confusion because you would think you can jump straight back to Cockpit View from there but:

END will take you to whatever Instrument View is associated to Ctrl + 4 (for example***) and from there,

F, which you might think will reset you from that Instrument View to Pilot View, will instead take you back to default External View and from there,

END will return you to Cockpit View

** The "correct" way back from here, is hit INSERT again to go back to the Fixed View you just came from, then back to default External View by repeating the last used Fixed View key combination e.g. Ctrl + Shift + 4, then END to get back to Cockpit View.

*** You jump to whatever Instrument View has the same number as the Fixed View last used i.e. if you selected Ctrl + Shift + 2 then you will jump to the Instrument View associated with Ctrl + 2.

Hope this helps

Thank you!  INSERT key was just the ticket to finish the madness and get back to cockpit. I'm still trying to work out how point of hat free look around when in external view like I used to do with flight sim x but that can come later