Sign in to follow this  
Danthepilot77

Weird AI Behavior p3dv4.5

Hello guys, lately I have been having weird AI behavior after landing at the following airports:

FSDT KIAH

FB KMSP

FSDT KCLT

For instance, AI is parked very odd, like on the ramp and not on the gate and parked clustered together, some faced the opposite way of the terminal, etc. At KCLT, some AI were parked on the grass in between taxiways and on the middle of the taxiway sideways. There are plenty of gates open and I have extra parking all over the terminal. I did notice yesterday when I landed at MSP I saw an Delta Airbus like float and then hit the ground all weird, like it just randomly fell out of the sky into the sim.

I have double triple checked and I do not have any duplicate ADE's anywhere, I just do not understand what could be causing this.

I am using AIG AI as well as my own AI flightplans that I have outside of AIG OCI.

Please anyone know what could be causing this?

This issue ONLY happens when I fly to the airport, not when the sim first starts up.

Hello, 

I have been having the exact same thing happen to me.  I've noticed it at FB KMSP and SunSkyJet's KDTW but only when arriving into the airport.  I also do not have and duplicate files anywhere and the issue seems that it began fairly recently.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Bryan Harris

Do you have Airport Design Editor installed? If so, you could check out the AFD files to see if there are any issues.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I do have ADE installed and I checked the AFD files but couldn't find any issues.  There isn't even a gate or parking spot where the AI is piling up at which led me to think that perhaps there was a duplicate file but couldn't find any such file.

Regards,

Bryan Harris

@Danthepilot77,

How have you checked for duplicate afcads? There must be some floating around 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted post removed

14ppkc-6.png

Sounds like an orbx vector issue or a elevation issue if you are getting it when flying into an airport. 

Are you using any exclude files from iniBuilds? 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I do not have any iniBuilds exclusion files @fluffyflops

I do not think it is an elevation issue because the affected airports appear completely fine other than the AI aircraft being piled up where they shouldn't be.  I suspected ORBX could have something to do with it but I did a little searching around in ORBX folders and didn't see anything that I would think to be the cause of the problem although I could be wrong or may have missed something; I'm no expert. 😅

Regards,

Bryan Harris

It almost sounds like an issue whereby the AFD files are not being loaded correctly when flying into those airports from elsewhere. So you are saying that AI planes behave normally at these airports if you start your flights from them? It may be worth posting about this on the AIG forum, since they are AI experts over there.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, INeedAStamp said:

I do not have any iniBuilds exclusion files @fluffyflops

I do not think it is an elevation issue because the affected airports appear completely fine other than the AI aircraft being piled up where they shouldn't be.  I suspected ORBX could have something to do with it but I did a little searching around in ORBX folders and didn't see anything that I would think to be the cause of the problem although I could be wrong or may have missed something; I'm no expert. 😅

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It almost sounds like an issue whereby the AFD files are not being loaded correctly when flying into those airports from elsewhere. So you are saying that AI planes behave normally at these airports if you start your flights from them? It may be worth posting about this on the AIG forum, since they are AI experts over there.

i have a similar issue with EGKK.  flying out is fine.  flying in the elevation is messed up. only way i can get it to work is to disable the scenery layer for EGKK with the apx file in it

14ppkc-6.png

That is correct @Christopher Low.  All is well when loading into the airport but only when arriving are the AI aircraft parked where they shouldn't be.

Regards,

Bryan Harris

Sorry guys, I forgot I posted this topic but I found the answer.

If you own LVFR KFLL, make sure to disable "slopped runways" in your scenery addon list, this has fixed my weird AI issues for me.

Thanks for the information, Dan. Hopefully, that will sort out Bryan's problems. I will have to remember this for future reference.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I disabled the ai sloped runways file in the addons list and it appears to have worked. Thanks for all the help guys. 

Regards,

Bryan Harris