Sign in to follow this  
Antonov22

That time of year again - Orbx 2022 roadmap

Orbx have released their outlook for 2022 and whilst it is mostly FS2020 stuff, there is some news for the ESP users among us:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/212392-what-we-are-working-on-2022/

Large wall of text, short summary:

• Prague for all sims, first one out will be MSFS (imminent!) Product page is already up, hopefully won't be long
  • Landmarks Panama Canal is about to be finished too, with lots of exciting features
  • Updates to both our New Zealand mesh (the promised high-resolution LiDAR data) and Landmarks Auckland
  • More of our PC-based landmarks products to be adjusted for release on Xbox
  • OpenLC Asia - tricky as Eugene, the developer, is in the Ukraine and there have been disruptions there, plus this is such a HUGE project and we don't have firm dates yet
  • A swag of aircraft for MSFS - we will release the names and models as we get closer to getting them out, as it seems aircraft sometimes hit snags due to sim-based functionality
  • A very special project: YMML aka Tullamarine / Melbourne main airport, which will be led by Ed and Marcus, plus a Melbourne city pack with a number of POIs to make this city great again 😉 No real info regarding sims, however would like to see YMML updated with PBR and SODE objects for P3D
  • For MSFS, KCRW Chuck Yeager, KFAT Fresno, KPBI Palm Beach (also for P3D), VTSP Phuket and KBOI Boise. For P3D and maybe a bit delayed - TrueEarth Eastern Alps. We are looking at making YBBN Brisbane for XPL too, and a special GB North Landmarks pack for MSFS.

Phuket was listed for P3D last year, not sure about Boise. Palm Beach must be an eternal development project it has been listed a number of times, with release never seeming closer.

Furthermore Orbx is developing Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) however no info regarding what sim(s). The rest is mostly MFS2020 screenshots, however I wouldn't mind airports like Podgorice (LYPG) to make it in to P3D but not sure it'll ever happen. Who knows...

Edited by Antonov22
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

Thank you to highlight the few P3D projets completly sunk into that "MSFS litany"....

I noted that OpenLC Asia is still not dead !
And will patiently wait for the Alps...

Thanks

Gérard

Edited by gaab

I’ll believe OpenLC Asia when I see it. 

happy to see KPBI on that list is still being developed. One of the larger airports in the US still untouched by payware I believe. 

Happy about palm beach. I could have sworn that Boise was coming for p3d. But appears msfs only. Bummer. I would love Charleston wv also. But oh well 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I see in the thread there were some requests for Middle East airports. In general, that area has lacked a few decent airports with some obvious exceptions (OMDB, OTHH etc) It seems this could (?) be interesting for Orbx to focus on based on the reply from Anna.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!