Sign in to follow this  
DanS

Aerosoft Dublin FSX - No Textures or Autogen dur

Hey Guys,

This scenery is highly detailed and there are no problems when starting out and departing from Aerosoft Dublin. The issue is when I am arriving in Dublin, there are no textures and autogen in the Dublin area and the airport does not show at all in a case of severe blurries.

I have tried many options such as deleting my FSX CFG so that it reloads a vanilla CFG but this has not worked. FSX runs competently on my system and I have numerous add on sceneries, including Aerosoft ones with bigger airports that are more recent and have not experienced a similar issue for the most part.

If anyone has experienced this issue and has managed to fix it I would be very grateful for your help. Been an FSX user since 2008 and Dublin is my local airport so it is very frustrating to try and deal with this. Any advice would be welcome and happy to pass on relevant infomation regarding settings, CFG etc. ( BTW, I use an Acer Swift 3 laptop).

Here are some screenshots to help show you what I am dealing with. I'm not sure how to post the screenshots here so I have included a link to the Aerosoft Forum on the same topic where I have them available to view.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/169665-aerosoft-mega-airport-dublin-fsx-no-texture-or-autogen-during-landing/#comment-1071207

Best, 

Dan

Welcome to Avsim.  Failure to load objects and the use of very low resolution (blurry) textures is a hallmark of a computer that cannot adequately process and display all of the required data.  Basically, the computer cannot keep up.  When this happens you have two options.  Buy a more powerful computer or move the scenery sliders in FSX to the left, reducing the load on the computer.  Also, FSX Steam Edition does run better than the boxed versions of FSX, so if you are using a boxed version, you might want to consider switching to the Steam version.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for the reply,

I am actually using FSX Steam Edition at the moment. I agree that it does sound like that is the issue. But I am confused by the idea that my computer, which can usually handle large and more recently released payware scenery, Aerosoft, Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa, etc would have this issue landing at Dublin, a medium sized airport, but I can land at significantly bigger and busier airports such as Aerosoft Heathrow, Taxi2Gate Charles De Gaulle, and FlyTampa Amsterdam and there is no equivalent blurries effect.

That is what suggests to me that it is a problem with the scenery not the system, but I could be wrong. If I switched to Eiresim Dublin this problem would not be apparent but I don't wish to do that. If I reloaded the level of detail radius the problem goes away but it risks crashing FSX and breaks immersion so I don't see that as a viable solution. I have reverted back to a default cfg and the problem persits so I am a little stuck with what to do unfortuately.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, DanS said:

This scenery is highly detailed and there are no problems when starting out and departing from Aerosoft Dublin. The issue is when I am arriving in Dublin, there are no textures and autogen in the Dublin area and the airport does not show at all in a case of severe blurries.

I have tried many options such as deleting my FSX CFG so that it reloads a vanilla CFG but this has not worked. FSX runs competently on my system and I have numerous add on sceneries, including Aerosoft ones with bigger airports that are more recent and have not experienced a similar issue for the most part.

If anyone has experienced this issue and has managed to fix it I would be very grateful for your help. Been an FSX user since 2008 and Dublin is my local airport so it is very frustrating to try and deal with this.

Hi Dan,

Although I was unable to open your screenshots on the Aerosoft forum, I had a similar problem to what you describe way back years ago when I first replaced Eiresim Dublin with the visually superior Aerosoft version. I too had no problems when starting a flight in Dublin but major issues with missing autogen and blurry textures when approaching there after starting a flight elsewhere. As Dublin had been my home airport many years ago (I had done a lot of real world flying out of the Iona hangar there back in the 70s and 80s), I was very keen to be able to use  Aerosoft version and it was frustrating as, like you, I was not experiencing similar problems at any of the numerous other addon airports which I was using.

I tried adjusting the scenery sliders but that didn't help and, at the end of the day, the only way I could resolve the issue was by creating a separate scenery cfg in which my Orbx FTX Ireland scenery was deactivated for my flights into Dublin. As I use a scenery configurator to create sets of scenery cfgs depending on where I am flying this was easy enough to do.

I am sure that Stans is correct when he says in his post that the computer basically cannot keep up (and mine was very much a mid-range computer), but I also found it strange that I only encountered this with Aerosoft Dublin! You haven't said whether you have any other addon scenery for Ireland or the Dublin area installed, but, if you have it may be worth trying to see how Aerosoft Dublin performs on your system with these deactivated.

Bill

5 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi Dan,

Although I was unable to open your screenshots on the Aerosoft forum, I had a similar problem to what you describe way back years ago when I first replaced Eiresim Dublin with the visually superior Aerosoft version. I too had no problems when starting a flight in Dublin but major issues with missing autogen and blurry textures when approaching there after starting a flight elsewhere. As Dublin had been my home airport many years ago (I had done a lot of real world flying out of the Iona hangar there back in the 70s and 80s), I was very keen to be able to use  Aerosoft version and it was frustrating as, like you, I was not experiencing similar problems at any of the numerous other addon airports which I was using.

I tried adjusting the scenery sliders but that didn't help and, at the end of the day, the only way I could resolve the issue was by creating a separate scenery cfg in which my Orbx FTX Ireland scenery was deactivated for my flights into Dublin. As I use a scenery configurator to create sets of scenery cfgs depending on where I am flying this was easy enough to do.

I am sure that Stans is correct when he says in his post that the computer basically cannot keep up (and mine was very much a mid-range computer), but I also found it strange that I only encountered this with Aerosoft Dublin! You haven't said whether you have any other addon scenery for Ireland or the Dublin area installed, but, if you have it may be worth trying to see how Aerosoft Dublin performs on your system with these deactivated.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any other scenery for Ireland installed other than Prealsoft Dublin, but this is a recent addition and the issue was present long before.

I would be happy to try your suggestion to create a seperate scenery cfg, only I'm not exactly sure how to do it. This would be different than adding or removing entries in the scenery library I assume. You also mentioned that you use a scenery configurator. Could you tell me more about this?

If I did manage to resolve the problem that would be brilliant because I feel like I've tried nearly everything and I'd be willing to try just about anything to fix it!

Dan

On 2/15/2022 at 10:46 PM, DanS said:

I would be happy to try your suggestion to create a seperate scenery cfg, only I'm not exactly sure how to do it. This would be different than adding or removing entries in the scenery library I assume. You also mentioned that you use a scenery configurator. Could you tell me more about this?

Hi again Dan,

The scenery configurator I use is the payware utility SimstarterNG, but, as far as I know that is unfortunately no longer available to purchase for FSX. There is however a freeware scenery configurator, which should do the same thing, available in the Avsim library although I have never used this. I would however imagine that it should be fairly easy to use it to create different scenery cfgs which you can then access depending on where you will be flying. This would avoid the need to add and remove entries from your scenery library which would be very cumbersome.

If however, the problem was present before you added Preasoft Dublin, then I am not sure that altering your scenery library will make a huge difference but you could first try creating a scenery cfg that comprised just Aerosoft Dublin and the basic FSX default scenery entries to see if that resolve the problem. If this worked then you could through a process of trial and error so how things work with other scenery entries active if you wish. I have a fairly minimal scenery cfg which I use for my flights into EIDW in which almost all my other worldwide scenery entries (I have a huge number of these!) are deactivated apart from whichever airport I plan to depart from and that seems to work for me. 

I actually have a saved test flight on my system, dating from when I first discovered the issues with Aerosoft Dublin many years ago, using the default 737 (to minimise resource demands) starting in the air about 60 miles west of Dublin. If I fly this test flight with my 'minimalist' Aerosoft Dublin cfg then there are no issues whereas if I fly it using some of my other scenery cfg sets with a lot more active scenery the problem is likely to resurface again.

Also remember your sliders. Make sure they are not maxed out and, in particular, I would suggest keeping the autogen density at 'normal' and minimalise your AI traffic (AI traffic places a big demand on your system's resources). 

Hope you can get some sort of resolution to this frustrating problem!
Bill

Edited by scianoir