Sign in to follow this  
rog943

Using GTN750 Units 1 and 2 with a Air Manger DIY Knobster

@rog943 there are times when forums and technical verbiage is not important, take care of yourself!!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yes take care Roger and good luck. I’m afraid I can’t help further with this because RXP don’t seem to be listening. I know AM very well and I have integrated dual GTN’s with other sims so I know what is required and how it all integrates in AM and with the knobster. I’ll repeat one last time in the hope that it sinks in. Using a single or dual knobster’s is irrelevant. In fact there are two transmitters (the 2 GTN overlays) and 2 receivers (the RXP GTN’s). The knobster can be directed to control either transmitter. Each of these transmitters needs events directed at the corresponding RXP unit. Yes RXP piggy back on the default sim events for GTN 1 as listed in their manual but I’ll say again there are no separate events listed in that manual to control GTN2. It’s clear RXP don’t want to add them so the best workaround is to try the .cfg file mod and use the same events to control both GTN’s but remembering you will have to touch each one before using the knobster to gain its focus. At least that is how I interpret Jean-Luc’s explanation.

Again for Jean-Luc’s understanding. Your thinking behind how 2 conventional radios are controlled via AM is incorrect and hence your belief that if you can do it for them you can do the same for the GTN’s is totally flawed. Each radio generally has its own set of events and the AM instrument is scripted to send the appropriate events based on whatever radio it is configured to simulate. Perhaps accepting that others may know things about certain subjects more than you do and listening to what they are saying rather than trying to convince them otherwise would perhaps of been more constructive from a customers perspective.

Jean-Luc, Only just seen this. My Apologies and thanks for sticking with it. Whatever I was looking at did not have that extra bit of info only the main table. I see it now in the official manual from your website. That will teach me to use material from a random search.

I just wish you had posted this much earlier and we could of got there much sooner. Not your fault I had missing info of course.

Roger, i haven’t tried this at all but there no reason to suggest it shouldn’t now work the way you want. Hit me up on the previous pm if you need help getting it going.

• Like 1

Guys,

First of all thanks for your good wishes which have worked.  I'm back to my normal bewildered self.

I'll have a session with all this and hope to 'get there' soon.  I will report back.

Thanks for your time and the good natured exchange between you.  

Rog

@rog943 @Sling

Have you made any progress with this? Do you need additional information?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Progress is not what I’d really call it but we have tried adding the additional parameter to the events but the GTN is still only responding as if it were GTN number 1. It’s almost as if the additional parameter is being ignored. I’ve been busy but I think the next thing to check is that the API we are using does support an additional argument when sending events to FSX. I know it does for MSFS and for commands with Xplane but I’ve never personally tried it with FSX/P3D.

• Like 1

Hi Jean-Luc and Tony,

I was/am going to experiment with alternative parameters (just in case!) but got bogged down with something else.  We did try for an hour and a half (thanks Tony), but didn't manage it.

Roger

@Sling @rog943

I don't know how Air Manager is handling it, but this would probably be the first step I'd cross check with the vendor (whether they are passing all parameters end-to-end).