Sign in to follow this  
BillW

Giving Up

I have let the installer go for hours. Sticks on 32 percent every time. Tried suggestions from the Zendesk, but nothing works. Thank you Microsoft.

Bill W

Is that for the beta or vanilla MSFS? I know it can bei thousands of reasons but do you overclock your system? I did with my old system and when it came to decompressing the downloaded files it got hiccups here and there preventing proper writing of the files. Sorry, just a first thought to hit F2 when booting and set your machine to BIOS defaults. If this is what you can rule out, did support tell you then how to delete defective download files and let them download again?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I haven't tried this yet. I do not overclock. They said nothing about the defective files beyond the nvidia cache files. Thanks. I'll try your suggestion.

Bill W.

Yeah, Bill, as DAD said, you need to delete the partial file that is not donwloading and also the one which downloaded OK just before it. Then retry. This has always worked for me when I had your exact problem of update getting stuck on one file.

If you have a decent filesearch app, search your drive for the file that it's stuck on to get to the folder where the files to delete are located. Or search for files with similar names using wildcards to find that folder.

Deleting the one which downloaded OK just before the stuck file has been the key to success for me.

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

When installing and thus downloading the sort of raw files they are all stored in , well, cannot remember but I believe your MSFS „official“ folder, close MSFS, go check your „official“ folder and sort files by date/time to identify the last file MSFS was chewing on. Delete that file and possibly the next file, too. Restart MSFS and the installer should download those file(s) you just deleted again, helped me on my previous system, took a couple of tries unfortunately 

Fielder was faster but what helped him did help me and may help you, too

Edited by DAD
  • Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"