Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Geo-FS

A few years back Google Earth was the bees knees. Anyone remember that? Anyway, they had a flight simulator of sorts that they never really developed. As I am an avid virtual tourist I thought you might be interested in this. It has been out for a couple of years now. This is no way any sort of competitor for MSFS a crowd called Geo-FS have taken over the reins from Google Earth Flight Sim and you can get a fly anywhere in the world sim on your phone through Google Playstore or the equivalent Apple source. If you subscribe for HD you also get HD, and the images are from Bing. I have not seen any 3D buildings but the ground elevation is right and I can just about make out my house from a couple of thousand feet up. 

So if you are looking for something to let you go to places you cannot go to these days and use your phone or tablet to do it with .....

Edited by AOB
  • Like 1

Well it was once based on google maps but when google started charging they shut down and now it is , as said in WIkipaedea

GeoFS is a multi-platform browser-based amateur flight simulator based on the Cesium WebGL Virtual Globe.[1] The free map is based on images taken by the Sentinel-2 satellite while the HD map is from Bing Maps.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow