Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

PC crashed and cannot activate p3d after reinstall

Hi guys,

My pc crashed and I had to reinstall win10 and p3dv5. I did not deactivate my p3dv5 license because, well ...my pc crashed.

I get this activation error now and I just can't get the product activated.  It keeps telling me to deactivate it first so I can activate it again on my new pc..

How am I supposed to solve this?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jozeff

At https://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/# --

"Why can I no longer activate after I have reinstalled Prepar3D, updated software, updated hardware, or installed Prepar3D on a new machine? I am getting error 5013 when trying to install. What do I need to do?

Depending on the license you have, it is likely that you have reached the limited number of activations for your specific license. While the licensing software does recognize that the installs are being done on the same computer, if enough of the computer’s information changes (operating system, external hardware, graphics cards, etc.), it will flag your setup as a different computer. If you need an additional activation, because of a hardware change or you are moving the license to a new computer, please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with your License ID and a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated. Your request will be fulfilled within two business days."

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

9 minutes ago, jozeff said:

How am I supposed to solve this?

You will need to contact the P3D team as detailed in the quote below.

Depending on the license you have, it is likely that you have reached the limited number of activations for your specific license. While the licensing software does recognize that the installs are being done on the same computer, if enough of the computer’s information changes (operating system, external hardware, graphics cards, etc.), it will flag your setup as a different computer. If you need an additional activation, because of a hardware change or you are moving the license to a new computer, please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with your License ID and a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated. Your request will be fulfilled within two business days.

Source: https://prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Ok, thanks for your suggestion!

I will contact them. I (de)activated a couple of times in the past due to some changes so it could very well be the too many activation problems.

Tnx again Jozeff

18 hours ago, jozeff said:

Ok, thanks for your suggestion!

I will contact them. I (de)activated a couple of times in the past due to some changes so it could very well be the too many activation problems.

Tnx again Jozeff

I lost a SSD and had to replace P3dv5 without deactivating P3d.  I just went to the LM website and downloaded a new file and installed it without any issues.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam