Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

VR default seating position

Is there some way to change the default seating position in VR. 

It seems every airplane has a different default starting position. I am able to adjust seating position to my hearts content, but I haven't found a way to save that position. Even exiting VR to 2d monitor and back to VR, and the seating position is re set. Is that normal? is there a work around? 

Perhaps I am spoilt by my Racing Sims, but I find this annoying and frustrating. 

I hear no complaints from anyone, so perhaps I am the only one with this 'problem', so I thought I would ask for a solution here.

Robin

If you are comfortable with editing aircraft model files, the cameras.cfg file can be edited to change the default pilot head position for VR.  An example of where a find a specific aircraft's cameras.cfg file:

H:\MSFS AppData\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-c337-skymaster\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C337_Skymaster

Find the "PilotVR" section, and edit this entry in its section:

InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25

the first value (x) is side to side, the second (y) up and down, the last (z) is front to back. Units are approximately meters, bigger values move right, up, closer to instrument panel.  I comment out the original line by putting a ; before it before editing a copy of the original line.  Here's an example:

;InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25
InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.4

Enjoy

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

5 minutes ago, TheFamilyMan said:

If you are comfortable with editing aircraft model files, the cameras.cfg file can be edited to change the default pilot head position for VR.  An example of where a find a specific aircraft's cameras.cfg file:

H:\MSFS AppData\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-c337-skymaster\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C337_Skymaster

Find the "PilotVR" section, and edit this entry in its section:

InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25

the first value (x) is side to side, the second (y) up and down, the last (z) is front to back. Units are approximately meters, bigger values move right, up, closer to instrument panel.  I comment out the original line by putting a ; before it before editing a copy of the original line.  Here's an example:

;InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25
InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.4

Enjoy

Thank you. Off to experiment.

Robin

It would be good to have an easier soluition built into the sim.  How can a suggestion be logged with Asobo/MS?

I'm sure there used to be a Save Camera Position setting or something that was broken in an update (surprise surprise...!), I'll have a dig around later and see if I can find it.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It may of beena custom view as seen in this document;

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016003159-Camera-Overview

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

accidental post, please ignore...sorry

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)