Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Foliage Question

Hi All, I am looking for a bit of assistance please. I know this has been bought up before and there are a couple of tree mods in flightsim.to but .... I tried using them and the trees around my local airport are still totally overwhelming. I even bought the Accusim Seasons software yesterday and set it to 75% tree height but to me it is still not enough reduction in tree height. So .... Does anyone know what lines in the 10-asobo-species xml file need to be changed to get a smaller tree in Australia please? At this point I do not know which category Aussie trees even fall under to fiddle with the number myself. I do not think they are connifers.

If I can crack this then I figure I will have my local version of the file that I can swap out for the original when I want to do some flying around home.

There may be a reason the trees only get so short.  Underneath them are ugly polygons from the photogrammetry.  They take a lot of time to get rid of and replace.

Trees located in the cities require individual attention, as opposed to an entire forest.

It's been about 3 months since I last fired up the sim (outside of keeping it up to date) First thing I noticed yesterday was alot more trees/bushes?? Here in the southwest, as the OP said, It's overwhelming and really green! Am I just seeing things or were more trees added in an recent update? 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Thank you for your responses. Well I have been messing around with all sorts of things today. First I went through and edited every min and max line in the 10-asobo-species xml file and that did nothing. I next uninstalled WU7 - no change. Played with Accusim Seasons that I bought yesterday and no difference in tree height. Messed with the Google map replacement and no joy there either. Turned off Photogrammetry and bingo - perfect trees but all the buildings have gone to unrecognisable. It seems to me now to be a choice. If you have Photogrammetry turned on then the buildings are really great, if you turn it off then the trees are great but you cannot have both.

I did not know if it is my rig that maybe is doing it or if others are experiencing the same thing so it was good to hear from reignman40. 

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 with 8gb of RAM, 2 Graphic cards, one is a 2gb Radeon Vega, the other a 3 GB Nvidia card. Maybe 5gb of video power is not enough for this game?

Edited by AOB

13 hours ago, wim123 said:

properties in that xml file are only for non photometric areas.

Thank you for that. It was as I feared. 🙂