Sign in to follow this  
wimbutte

NO road traffic after updating P3D5.2 TO 5.3(incl HF2)

SOLVED ( with a funny twist)

I finally have the road traffic back! The way I solved it was by doing this:

1) copy my old Prepar3d.cfg and then delete the original .cfg and

2) let P3D generate a new cgf. 

3) delete and replace all old XMLfiles with newly generated XML's such as LWcfg.xml but basically every xml file I could find that still had an old date

4) Copy essential stuff from my old cfg back to the newly generated cfg such as Graphics, Displays and Main ( important for my monitor polus 3 projector screens)

5. Immediately after the first start up with this new composed cfg, replace the standard F35 with my Prosim737, construct a scenario at my gate at EHAM and put road traffic slider to the right on freeways only. 

tada road traffic everywhere. One very strange thing: if I put autogen vegetation to zero , the road traffic disappears.. When I put it on sparse it's baxck again. I have really no idea what vegetation autogen has to do with road traffic but it works..

Hi Wim,

I'm glad you solved the road traffic display but now be careful not to take ... road fines!😆

Thanks Rob 😀 Do you have any idea what autogen has to do with road traffic? 

I seem to have this NO TRAFFIC issue now. I recently uninstalled Orbx Vector. And I think since then the roads are dead. I re-synced Orbx library (all my Orbx stuff is in its own directory) and ran the Delete Generated Files batch... No joy. I am running out of ideas. I may have to reinstall P3D. 😞

BostonJeremy, try what I did ( 5 points a few posts above this one ).. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wimbutte said:

BostonJeremy, try what I did ( 5 points a few posts above this one ).. 

So, I did this and I SOMETIMES see one or two cars... but nothing like I used to see. My traffic is on 25. So it's weird. I am gonna try a clean, brand new P3D reinstall today.