Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Saving measurements to VOR/NDB

I'm just getting into Little Nav Map as it seems to offer what I've needed for as long as I've been simming.

This last one I haven't found anywhere else and I suspect it's because I don't do navigation properly. Basically I like to do GA VFR flights with the help of VORs where I'd otherwise get lost (which I easily do). So for example, this would be a typical flight for me though a bit on the short side. Less than an hour. Visit some POIs, no VORs/NDBs en route or practical to use as waypoints. It's EGXD to EGXX, I'd use the bearing to OTR to help me find my way to York (and York Cathedral) if I get lost in the hills, then I'd join the radial from POL to get on track to Whitby.

So, this is my question - if I create this plan on my laptop and transfer it to my flying PC I lose the measurements to the VORs. Is there a way of storing these with the flight plan? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks for this great and massive application.

Phil

spacer.png

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

4 hours ago, Spit40 said:

So, this is my question - if I create this plan on my laptop and transfer it to my flying PC I lose the measurements to the VORs. Is there a way of storing these with the flight plan? Any advice much appreciated.

These are stored in the little_navmap.ini file and not in the flight plan. The measurement lines are stored in the section "[Map]" using the key "DistanceMarkers", for example. Range rings are "RangeMarkers".

Alex

Just now, albar965 said:

These are stored in the little_navmap.ini file and not in the flight plan. The measurement lines are stored in the section "[Map]" using the key "DistanceMarkers", for example. Range rings are "RangeMarkers".

Alex

Thanks, I thought that might be session related. Without getting into a navigation tutorial I don't suppose there's a way of incorporating the purpose of these measurements into a flight plan - some change of process for me that would achieve what I'm after?

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

In real life (at least here in the USA), one can't include your request in a flight plan. See https://www.cfinotebook.net/notebook/navigation-and-flight-planning/vfr-and-ifr-flight-plans for how to use flight plans.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Thanks, I thought that might be session related. Without getting into a navigation tutorial I don't suppose there's a way of incorporating the purpose of these measurements into a flight plan - some change of process for me that would achieve what I'm after?

The measurements are global features and are not assigned to a plan, sorry. You can copy the whole ini file to the other computer but this will also copy all settings, paths, file history and more.