Sign in to follow this  
Airdan

Reality XP GTN 650 A2A FSX Cherokee 180 (resolved)

59 minutes ago, Airdan said:

Purchased thus product March 14 2022. Wont load. SUGGESTIONS>

Can you provide detail, and then maybe someone can help. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Can you provide detail, and then maybe someone can help. 🙂

I purchased GTN 650 add on for my FSX Cherokee 180 version 1.2.2 in 2017 from FS1 software. Worked fine till 2 months ago. Perhaps they stopped supporting. Purchased today GTN 650 FSX add on from Real XP version 2.5.28.10, downloaded it, tried to run exe. from the download. Given 2 choices 1) Reinstall using key file from original purchase (which I entered) and a password from 2017 which I don't have OR 2) refile using Flight 1 email and password which apparently won't work either. I don't understand why I need to reinstall. I just want to install the new updated FSX GTN 650 software. Just need Real XP to give me a clean path to install what I just paid for. That's all the details I have. Thanks for your help. Dan Harmon

On 3/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, Airdan said:

Just need Real XP to give me a clean path to install what I just paid for.

OK... you initially had the F1 GTN installed.. check?

The F1 GTN stopped working?  Why?

The F1 GTN is no longer supported??  Are you sure? Have you contacted F1 support?

You decided to purchase the RXP GTN to replace the F1 GTN.. check?

You downloaded the RXP installer and were given the option to reinstall or provide payment information for purchase.. check?

You purchased?  And then what happened.. not sure I understand..

Edited by RXP

Bert

Given 2 choices 1) Reinstall using key file from original purchase (which I entered) and a password from 2017 which I don't have OR 2) refile using F1 email and password which apparently won't work either. I don't understand why I need to reinstall.

The F1 GTN and the Reality XP GTN are entirely separate purchases.  The latter simply cannot replace the former.  Your best bet is to completely remove the F1 GTN from your computer (along with any Garmin software) and then install the Reailty XP product (during installation you'll be given a link to the latest Garmin Trainer download).

Edited by RXP

On 3/13/2022 at 11:06 PM, lownslo said:

The F1 GTN and the Reality XP GTN are entirely separate purchases.  The latter simply cannot replace the former.  Your best bet is to completely remove the F1 GTN from your computer (along with any Garmin software) and then install the Reailty XP product (during installation you'll be given a link to the latest Garmin Trainer download).

Or, get your original F1 GTN working again.. 🙂 

BTW, the description of the FSX Cherokee 180 mentions a GNS 430, not a GTN 650.. is that what you had?

Edited by RXP

Bert

I realize those were 2 separate purchases with no common paths. I appreciate your suggestion re removing the original GTN purchase and focusing on installing the new GTN. Also have a hard drive capacity issue which will improve by getting rid of the original GTN. Standby. Thanks for your help.

Dan Harmon

I just want to install the new updated FSX GTN 650 software. Just need Real XP to give me a clean path to install what I just paid for.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/599100-my-gtn-750-is-not-working-anymore-resolved/

Just follow the recommended topic at the top of this topic.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

OK. Installed GTN 650 software for my A2A FSX Cherokee 180. GTN trainer also installed and runs well. However, when I open and run the MS X sim, click on the the task bar Add-ons Reality XP GTN- Set-up aircraft, a full screen empty black box appears. Something isn't communicating properly. What would be the fix for this problem?

@Airdan Are you running full screen? What is your operating system version?

Can you try going to window mode prior opening the GUI Panel Config ?

I'd also suggest you download and install the DirectX End-User Runtime:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Finally! As suggested I went from full screen to window mode, followed the prompts, and now have GTN 650 in my aircraft. Works well

except for one issue. The toggle switch on the panel (toggles between GPS and Nav modes) shows an inop flag when in GPs mode.

This prevents the Nav1 from displaying course deviation and glideslope indication. Any suggestion how to fix this. Thanks for your help.

Airdan

1 hour ago, Airdan said:

Finally! As suggested I went from full screen to window mode, followed the prompts, and now have GTN 650 in my aircraft. Works well

except for one issue. The toggle switch on the panel (toggles between GPS and Nav modes) shows an inop flag when in GPs mode.

This prevents the Nav1 from displaying course deviation and glideslope indication. Any suggestion how to fix this. Thanks for your help.

Airdan

Can you switch by pushing the CDI button on the GTN?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert. The fix was to go into the Cherokee mini control page and activate the GPS 400 which I had turned off at some point. The Reality GTN

650 now works very well. I'm sure you all get tired of hearing this, but I want to thank everyone there for helping me make this GTN 650

install and work.

Sincerely,

airdan

• Like 1