Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

FSUIPC and disappearing planes.

I have AIG running well at last with Traffic Controller doing its thing.

However, I cannot get the right settings for FSUIPC Traffic. What ever I set there, I get planes popping in and out at random at busy airports. At EGLL where I am now, I have 125 planes shown in the counter as active. Alongside me there are all sorts of airlines but they do not stay fixed, they come and go seemingly as they please. It really does not help the reality.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of settings for FSUIPC in the upper and lower limits and the FPS rate but it doesn't help.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the maximum number of AI planes and KEEP them?

Thanks

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I don't change FSUIPC settings for AI traffic for this reason. It's hard to tell, what it makes and test the result. It's just with every system, where you can change 100 variables to improve it. You should only change one thing at a time. There are settings in the sim, settings in AIG traffic controller and that already makes it a black box to me.

I think to go back to default values in FSUPIC it's easiest to delete the ini and let it rebuild.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Can someone point me in the right direction to get the maximum number of AI planes and KEEP them?

If you have a 3rd party Heathrow it’s very hard on fps. Add Ai and you’re likely to take it over the limit.

What number do you have for fps as the trigger point to start deleting Ai in order to achieve that? I like to have 30fps but that’s not realistic for my setup. But flying with a fps of 25 is still achievable so that is the number I set as the trigger point.

I also have a minimum of 40 Ai as I don’t want an empty airport and will accept a lower fps during those short periods.

What is your max, min and fps trigger point? Leave all sliders to their default settings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I have AIG running well at last with Traffic Controller doing its thing.

However, I cannot get the right settings for FSUIPC Traffic. What ever I set there, I get planes popping in and out at random at busy airports. At EGLL where I am now, I have 125 planes shown in the counter as active. Alongside me there are all sorts of airlines but they do not stay fixed, they come and go seemingly as they please. It really does not help the reality.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of settings for FSUIPC in the upper and lower limits and the FPS rate but it doesn't help.

I believe the problem is due to Traffic Controller re-injecting aircraft as soon as FSUIPC's limiter deletes them, except that it re-injects them back at their starting position. I think you'll need to see if you can control the numbers better with AITC.

I use AIG, but I have stuck to the BGL files -- I'm not using the new AITC format simply because of the impossibility of controlling the numbers. Really AITC needs to have a frame rate based limiter facilities built in, like UTLive does.

Pete

• Upvote 2

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

Thanks, I think you have hit the nail on the head, as when I now think back to before TC, I never had any problem.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Another thing to consider when choosing BGL or AIGFP is whether all the supplied aircraft are freeware and have a painted livery. If they don't the aircraft won't appear in P3D.

Now this isn't generally a problem for airlines as they use 737s, 747s, 777s and the Airbus fleet which are pretty much 100% available as freeware.

The situation changes with business jets and the smaller airlines. There could be a mixture of freeware and payware. If you've downloaded the BGL file then it can be edited with AIFP. The missing paints are highlighted in red. You can substitute those for an alternative freeware aircraft. Just check the IAS is close. Use the Replace option and enter the number of the aircraft to be used.

Then compile the BGL and job done. All those flights will now appear in P3D. There is no equivalent editor for AIGFP files.

Of course if you've bought all the payware aircraft none of this applies and you can use AIGFP with confidence albeit with the situation Pete mentioned earlier. Whilst BGL aircraft may not fly on jet routes the files are far more user-friendly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry, Ray,

What is AIFP Is it another download?

2 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Sorry, Ray,

What is AIFP Is it another download?

AIGFP files are controlled by AIG Traffic Controller. They are injected into P3D by that program. If you don't run it you don't see any AIGFP generated aircraft.

When selecting an airline you may be offered the option of AIGFP or BGL.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you've downloaded the BGL file then it can be edited with AIFP. The missing paints are highlighted in red."

That is what I was after. Where is the edit function?

The Injection setting in Traffic Controller was at 100%. Reducing it to 50 % has stabilised the situation somewhat. I will play around with that and see how it goes.

In the meantime, I am using settings as suggested by Ray.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

If you've downloaded the BGL file then it can be edited with AIFP. The missing paints are highlighted in red."

That is what I was after. Where is the edit function?

You choose File... Open BGL. Then point it to the AIG\OCI\Traffic Files\scenery.

That path is from memory but there are two folders - scenery and AIGFP.

Choose scenery and then select the BGL. I sort them in date descending order so the most recent are at the top.

The screen is divided into three vertical sections with the assigned aircraft over on the right.

Anything in red means a NO PAINT so you need to assign that aircraft to another. Having done that hit the Compile option lower left. An updated BGL is saved. Job done.

To identify which airlines have NO PAINT you need to select Errors from the menu in AIG AI Manager.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray,

I was a bit confused as we were originally talking about Traffic Controller. I have seen the AIG Manager error page before, so will have a go when the current flight is finished.

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You choose File... Open BGL. Then point it to the AIG\OCI\Traffic Files\scenery.

That path is from memory but there are two folders - scenery and AIGFP.

Choose scenery and then select the BGL. I sort them in date descending order so the most recent are at the top.

The screen is divided into three vertical sections with the assigned aircraft over on the right.

Anything in red means a NO PAINT so you need to assign that aircraft to another. Having done that hit the Compile option lower left. An updated BGL is saved. Job done.

To identify which airlines have NO PAINT you need to select Errors from the menu in AIG AI Manager.

Sorry, Ray.

I am giving up on this.

There is a Scenery file in Traffic files but:

There is no command for "open bgl" anywhere on my programs.

Nothing in Errors has any edit function.

I think my programs must be different to yours.

@IanHarrison, you need ADE by ScruffyDuck. Available free here.

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/downloads

You use that software to open the relevant BGL file and then things should become clearer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather