Sign in to follow this  
shafs67

MSFS not saving any settings!

Hi i decided to reinstall msfs after not using it for six months did a fresh install. started it up got the opening screen asking what setting i wanted and did all that saved it. So i went and did some flying and finish shut the sim down. came back later and i got the opening screen again asking me what setting i wanted to us also it didn't my joystick settings. i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it's still the same. is there a fix for this?

Yes, strange but if I put auto pilot or open the weather window and then close them the next time I go into the sim they are open.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Make sure your user.cfg file isnt set to read only.

Windows explorer search will find this file for you.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Please someone help I'm having this issue now, MSFS fresh install (recently went to windows 11) no matter what I do setting will not save I've set all package files to not be read only including doing usercfg etc manually but every time the sim loads it makes me go through the new user wizard on every load and none of the settings are remembered. I even deleted all cfg files to try starting a fresh with no luck please help.

• Like 1

Try Xbox app, files / fix. I had this problem too. The Xbox app downloaded 1.4G or 2.0G file and it did reset cloud connection. Your settings are most likely stored in the cloud too. This should solve your settings problem. 

44 minutes ago, dwsg01 said:

Please someone help I'm having this issue now, MSFS fresh install (recently went to windows 11) no matter what I do setting will not save I've set all package files to not be read only including doing usercfg etc manually but every time the sim loads it makes me go through the new user wizard on every load and none of the settings are remembered. I even deleted all cfg files to try starting a fresh with no luck please help.

I too had this frutrating Gremlin the last time I reinstalled MSFS (March this year).  I too tried the "permissions" on the user.cfg, and it didn't fix it for me either.

Zendesk advised me to uninstall MSFS, manually delete a couple of left over files in the AppData folder (basically delete every reference to MSFS on my PC) and then reinstall.   That process took a full day - but did work.    On reinstall, my settings were then saved after the first and subsequent session/

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, kto63 said:

Try Xbox app, files / fix. I had this problem too. The Xbox app downloaded 1.4G or 2.0G file and it did reset cloud connection. Your settings are most likely stored in the cloud too. This should solve your settings problem. 

2 hours ago, JYW said:

I too had this frutrating Gremlin the last time I reinstalled MSFS (March this year).  I too tried the "permissions" on the user.cfg, and it didn't fix it for me either.

Zendesk advised me to uninstall MSFS, manually delete a couple of left over files in the AppData folder (basically delete every reference to MSFS on my PC) and then reinstall.   That process took a full day - but did work.    On reinstall, my settings were then saved after the first and subsequent session/

Thank you both for your suggestions, kto your suggestion was pretty close I looked at the cloud sync and no matter what I did it wouldn't sync/update then I realised it was like I wasn't signed in and signing in button wouldnt work, so then I thought to check services, all xbox and live services were disabled...

so fix for anyone else :

windows start, type services, start; xbox live networking, xbox live game save, xbox live auth management, xbox accessory management. suggest setting them to automatic too by right clicking them and going to properties.  

For those that still cant get FS2020 to save settings here is a fix I found (see link). It started because I decided I was going to dedicate another PC to FS 2020 but retain the game on my original PC. After the install and subsequent reinstalls I had the same issue, forums were pointing me the "Gaming Services" needing updates etc. Microsoft have now changed the control/install etc from "windows store" to the xbox app and is not directly a "Gaming Services" issue. Other tricks were to add Keys to Regedit.

The issue was the xbox.app, for whatever reason only known to Microsoft some of the xbox.app "Services" were turned off not allowing "Gaming Services" to download your settings from the cloud hense having to set everything up every time you started FS2020. A week later I stumbled onto this little gem and all is now running on both machines .... PHEW

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-on-pc-wont-let-me-sign-in/e45f292c-eab5-4d29-ac1b-c13717aef6d8

I hope this helps - Bunter2000