Sign in to follow this  
RSJunior

AIG Traffic not injecting

40 minutes ago, splka said:

It's pointing to the OCI directory and using the AIGAIM downloads, jnstalled with AIG_AIManager. (OCI) I selected the major airlines flying to EHAM, like KLM, Transavia, Easyjet etc. Those liveries do show up on the apron so that seems okay. All latest versions. Flights that occasionaly do appear in the AIG map seems to have complete different take-off times and are using total different runways compared with f.e Flightradar live data. It has worked perfectly but something is wrong somewhere. All has been newly installed and rechecked, FS2020 is uaing actual date and time.

Not all the flightplans are up to date, so they won't always be 1:1 to real world schedules. Flights will always depart at the time in the flight plan, it doesn't take weather into account for delays and such.

There's also a MSFS AI issue with ATC assigning conflicting runways that don't make sense. It's a base sim issue, not AIG.

6 hours ago, splka said:

Hi all,

Some strange issue going on. AIG TC worked perfectly but 'suddenly' it doesn't show in- and outbound flights, only parked airport planes. Did all the recommended fixes, changed to another airport but nothing in-or outbound showing up anymore on the map anymore.

Try deleting your content.xml file, that normally fixes it for me.

Sim from MS Store:
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Sim from Steam:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Edited by Tuskin38

43 minutes ago, splka said:

It's pointing to the OCI directory and using the AIGAIM downloads, jnstalled with AIG_AIManager. (OCI) I selected the major airlines flying to EHAM, like KLM, Transavia, Easyjet etc. Those liveries do show up on the apron so that seems okay. All latest versions. Flights that occasionaly do appear in the AIG map seems to have complete different take-off times and are using total different runways compared with f.e Flightradar live data. It has worked perfectly but something is wrong somewhere. All has been newly installed and rechecked, FS2020 is uaing actual date and time.

And those liveries that show up never start moving? After like 15 minutes?

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Not all the flightplans are up to date, so they won't always be 1:1 to real world schedules. Flights will always depart at the time in the flight plan, it doesn't take weather into account for delays and such.

There's also a MSFS AI issue with ATC assigning conflicting runways that don't make sense. It's a base sim issue, not AIG.

Try deleting your content.xml file, that normally fixes it for me.

Sim from MS Store:
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Sim from Steam:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hi,

Deleted the xml and at least things start moving again. Maybe my misunderstanding {or expectation} was to have 'real' traffic activity, as shown on Flightradar etc. 

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

And those liveries that show up never start moving? After like 15 minutes?

Based on the advise to delete the contents xml, now at least some in- and outbound activity again. But not like the live data from f.e Flightradar. My misunderstanding probably, expected/hoping to get those feeds in the AIG TC app but now understand the flightplans do the trick but can be outdated though.

7 hours ago, splka said:

Based on the advise to delete the contents xml, now at least some in- and outbound activity again. But not like the live data from f.e Flightradar. My misunderstanding probably, expected/hoping to get those feeds in the AIG TC app but now understand the flightplans do the trick but can be outdated though.

Well it shouldn‘t matter if flightplans are outdated, there should be lots of activity at EHAM all day long (not in the night obviously).

8 hours ago, splka said:

Hi,

Deleted the xml and at least things start moving again. Maybe my misunderstanding {or expectation} was to have 'real' traffic activity, as shown on Flightradar etc. 

AIG has never been a live traffic program, it's all pre-made flight plans.

The default MSFS live traffic will use models and liveries from it out of the box though.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 6/28/2022 at 1:53 PM, splka said:

But not like the live data from f.e Flightradar.

Also keep in mind that the Live Traffic from MSFS isn't live like you see on FR24 or FlightAware. It uses the live active flight plan info to inject traffic, it's not displaying them in real time through ADS-b or radar data info. Traffic will often use different runways, taxiways, departure/arrival sequences etc. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS