Sign in to follow this  
RSJunior

AIG Traffic not injecting

So just recently I discovered AIG Traffic, but even after 8 hours (not kidding) I cannot make it run.. I followed 4 different videos, all are basically the same and yet when in game, nothing injects.. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks for any suggestions, getting desperate here.. 

Check if you have installed the most recent versions of the AIG AI Manager and AIGTC. They moved everything to a new server and there's a need to do a manual update and then after everything will work as usual.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

When I load both manager says version 1.1.0.100 and traffic is 0.5.0.31. Are those the latest? Not sure how to manual update.

1 hour ago, RSJunior said:

So just recently I discovered AIG Traffic, but even after 8 hours (not kidding) I cannot make it run.. I followed 4 different videos, all are basically the same and yet when in game, nothing injects.. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Some of us spent more than 8 hours, only to realize that it doesn't work as intended. I was the biggest supporter of AIG, but after the server went back up & TC updated itself, mine just stopped working. There's a thread about AIG almost every week at AVSIM with members having issues with the mod.

I hope members just stop recommending this add-on until it's out of beta.

Good luck.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Make sure in your settings of AIGTC that you're pointed to the directory , aig-aitraffic-oci-beta.

9Y2ohZo.jpg

When you start the program and point it to your sim, airports will load first and the AIGFP will load. If the flight plans aren't loading then it will not inject traffic.

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Ouch... for the vast majority of users it works just fine.

More of the issues come from the so many various differences in configurations in people's computers, from security and permissions, to OS language and the biggest is of course the users themselves.

The op hasn't given really any info to go on here to help. The best place to go for assistance though would be to the AIG forums.

• Like 4

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

hope members just stop recommending this add-on until it's out of beta.

I think it works rather well. It is a massive improvement over stock AI, which is comical at best, downright ugly at worst. Plus it’s FREE. Yes the initial setup has a few steps to it but it is hardly complicated. After that it just works. A few beta bugs don’t make it bad. Plus most of the issues reported are not even of AIG’s making, they are the bad logic programmed into Asobo’s AI and until Asobo address that, AI traffic will continue to do weird and unrealistic things.

I also own Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic and once I tried AIG, I can’t see myself ever going back. 

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

Some of us spent more than 8 hours, only to realize that it doesn't work as intended. I was the biggest supporter of AIG, but after the server went back up & TC updated itself, mine just stopped working. There's a thread about AIG almost every week at AVSIM with members having issues with the mod.

Good luck.

It's working perfectly,  this has nothing to do with beta. It took me 10 minutes to download AIM and set it up, and afterwards some hours of non-interactive-background-downloading. If you sat 8 hours in front of your PC trying to set it up, the problem is not AIG.

I am willing to help anyone with problems, just ask. By the way I am not affiliated with AIG, I just think it's the most immersive thing in flight sims history and I want it to thrive.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, RSJunior said:

Here are some typical errors:

a) The paths are not correctly said. You need one path in the AIM to your community folder and one path in the AIGTC to the AIM folder inside the community folder.
b) You start the AIGTC before MSFS has finished loading. Then it won't correctly connect and no traffic is being injected.

Be free to post screenshots of the paths or any other thing, we'll surely help you out.

Thanks to everybody, today I got the new 32 version (not sure if it´s really new) and it´s working. Previously I done everything as you suggested and had everything correct, so hard to tell..

Happy flying!

• Like 3

Version 32 isn't the version on the AIG webpage. Once I scoured their forums and got the link, it worked to inject traffic. I can see how a lot of people installing it can have problems with the outdated link being the one on their homepage.

In any case, that worked for me too. Now I just need ASOBO to fix the simconnect issue that causes the Traffic Controller to crash on me, lol.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

13 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Version 32 isn't the version on the AIG webpage. Once I scoured their forums and got the link, it worked to inject traffic. I can see how a lot of people installing it can have problems with the outdated link being the one on their homepage.

In any case, that worked for me too. Now I just need ASOBO to fix the simconnect issue that causes the Traffic Controller to crash on me, lol.

the version on website is updating to .32 automatically (or at least it should)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

17 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

the version on website is updating to .32 automatically (or at least it should)

The link you posted today in one of the AIG help threads had a different zip file name than the one I downloaded 15 min prior from the main webpage. The one you linked in the forum post allowed me to inject traffic with no problems; the one on the main webpage did not.

Maybe I was just doing something wrong, but I got it working in 5 minutes after downloading your forum link, and I noticed they had different zip file names.

Edit: Just to clarify, all I did was unzip your zip file, copy and paste the contents over the ones already in my Traffic Controller folder, start the TC, and then it worked - which it hadn't done after many installs / attempts prior. And so I could be wrong, but I don't think the link on the main page is .32, or it should have worked for me days ago.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

49 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The link you posted today in one of the AIG help threads had a different zip file name than the one I downloaded 15 min prior from the main webpage.

I think what Kaiii was trying to say is that if you download the "older" version from the main page, it should auto update itself to the latest version when you run it.  Mine just updated to 0.6.0.2.

Edited by MadDog
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MadDog said:

I think what Kaiii was trying to say is that if you download the "older" version from the main page, it should auto update itself to the latest version when you run it.  Mine just updated to 0.6.0.2.

0.6.0.2 is completly off.... at least if you do not have access to the internal test versions 😉

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png