Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Learner Question

I cannot click on "real only" in Learner.  Why would that be?

Is it my understanding that if you go into learner, you type in all of the airports you want to fly /  want RT to learn, and the next time you fly to those airports, it will be more populated/in synch with real time traffic?  Please help me understand as I am trying to populate MSFS with realistic traffic in terms of quantities matching the real world.  Currently it is off.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I cannot click on "real only" in Learner.  Why would that be?

Why do you want to have that on?  It is settable, so I don't know what is wrong at your end, but if you start with PSXT it is not recommended.

You better let Learner (or PSXT, do note that PSXT also " learns" airportrs, Learner is just a slim version of PSXT that does not need a Simulator connection) generate as many options (as well real as soft) for your airport files. You can always set Real is true in the PSXT UI later on if you only want real options for gates.

Hope you understand the difference between real=true and real=false (also called soft). Otherwise please read chapter 11 of the Manual.

If you want to make a jump start I recommend to download  some airport files from my web site, if there are any that are of your interest. Or even if they are not, it is still recommened, you will see immediately the effect they have on an airport.

Edited by kiek

51 minutes ago, kiek said:

Why do you want to have that on?  It is settable, so I don't know what is wrong at your end, but if you start with PSXT it is not recommended.

You better let Learner (or PSXT, do note that PSXT also " learns" airportrs, Learner is just a slim version of PSXT that does not need a Simulator connection) generate as many options (as well real as soft) for your airport files. You can always set Real is true in the PSXT UI later on if you only want real options for gates.

Hope you understand the difference between real=true and real=false (also called soft). Otherwise please read chapter 11 of the Manual.

If you want to make a jump start I recommend to download  some airport files from my web site, if there are any that are of your interest. Or even if they are not, it is still recommened, you will see immediately the effect they have on an airport.

I'll do some reading but are you saying I can fire up Learner, without the sim, punch in all the airport codes I want to have or that I fly into, run it for a while and then the next time I go into the sim, those airports would be more populated?  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

That's exactly what it does.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiek said:

That's exactly what it does.

One more question.... Once you run Learner at an airport for a while, do you need to run it at that same airport again or should you be good only doing it once?

37 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

One more question.... Once you run Learner at an airport for a while, do you need to run it at that same airport again or should you be good only doing it once?

Each time when you enter the airport with PSXT_MSFS the learning continues.

Besides that you should let et Learner run more times, until you have covered all days of the week and all the hours you normally fly.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Each time when you enter the airport with PSXT_MSFS the learning continues.

Besides that you should let et Learner run more times, until you have covered all days of the week and all the hours you normally fly.

Awesome.  This is so cool... And putting more than one airport and setting the time it spends at each airport is fine too, right?

What does it mean when you are in learner and everything is green but live and updates are yellow?

17 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

What does it mean when you are in learner and everything is green but live and updates are yellow?

That there are no live aircraft and no updates yet. Just wait.

Note that in Learner only live aircraft at the ground are counted. The ones in the air (within 5nm)  are  only used for soft updates, they are not created in Learner. So you should not compare that with the Live counter in PSXT_MSFS .

what is the correct syntax in the airport codes brackets  , ; blank    ?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

what is the correct syntax in the airport codes brackets  , ; blank    ?

From the manual, section 11.4:

If you enter one airport code it will run until you exit Learner. If you type more than one airport code, separated by comma’s,