Sign in to follow this  
pannellg

PSXT + RealTraffic + GA Aircraft

I just installed PSXT version 31.0.12 beta, and RealTraffic 9.0.176.  It's a whole new world.  You add in LiveATC, and this sim is a lot of fun.

Before that, I was enjoying AIG with the traffic controller.  But the IVAO file does not include any GA  ai aircraft.  I would like to figure out how to inject GA aircraft for use in PSXT to go along with the commercial aircraft that PSXT uses.  

I asked the question over at the PSXT forum, and it was suggested that I ask the question here.  Has anyone had any success loading GA aircraft into MSFS so that PSXT can recognize them and inject them so they can be tracked like the commercial aircraft are tracked?  Can they be placed into the IVAO file? 

Thanks for your help. 🙂

@pannellg I moved your post from Tips and Tricks to the general forum. That form isn’t for questions.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

All GA are already displayed by PSXT/RealTraffic/AIG.  GA will be displayed as the smallest model in AIG which is the PC12 and C208.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

All GA are already displayed by PSXT/RealTraffic/AIG.  GA will be displayed as the smallest model in AIG which is the PC12 and C208.

Not only this, I was told that PSXT uses every AI model that you have installed.

-From AIG

-Asobo's generic GA models

-From 3rd party add ons (like Justflight etc)

Which explains why I can see Bonanza's, Pa-44's, Twin otters,C-152's and many other GA planes in the sim with the PSXT/RealTraffic/AIG combo.

2 hours ago, semor said:

Not only this, I was told that PSXT uses every AI model that you have installed.

-From AIG

-Asobo's generic GA models

-From 3rd party add ons (like Justflight etc)

Which explains why I can see Bonanza's, Pa-44's, Twin otters,C-152's and many other GA planes in the sim with the PSXT/RealTraffic/AIG combo.

Oh, you do see Asobo GA models?  Do you have something set in the PSXT parameters.xml file to point to the default models, or can you suggest a setting in MSFS I have set wrong?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

16 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When I fly these days, I use PSXT and RealTraffic.  I haven't included AIG because it has its own Traffic Controller, and Traffic Controller moves those aircraft around in a random fashion, and they are not following real world flightplans via RealTraiffic; at least that's my understanding.  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pannellg said:

When I fly these days, I use PSXT and RealTraffic.  I haven't included AIG because it has its own Traffic Controller, and Traffic Controller moves those aircraft around in a random fashion, and they are not following real world flight plans via RealTraiffic; at least that's my understanding.  Am I missing something?

Once AIG is installed and set up, you only need to run AIG Manager occasionally to keep the models & flight plans up to date.  You do not have to use the AIG Traffic Controller.  Just run PSXT & RealTraffic with MSFS and you will see traffic move as their real world counterparts do and that traffic will be the models from AIG.. 

50 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Once AIG is installed and set up, you only need to run AIG Manager occasionally to keep the models & flight plans up to date.  You do not have to use the AIG Traffic Controller.  Just run PSXT & RealTraffic with MSFS and you will see traffic move as their real world counterparts do and that traffic will be the models from AIG.. 

Thanks for your reply.  The only thing I'm confused about is the GA aircraft.  The IVAO folder that I understood that AIG uses does not contain any GA aircraft. And I was told by the gentleman who goes by the name of kiek over at the PSXT forum that I would have to insert the GA aircraft in order for them to show up and fly according to RealTraffic flightplans. What I hear you saying is that the GA aircraft that PSXT & RealTraffic use are the already-installed ASOBA GA aircraft.  Is that the case? 

Thanks again.

29 minutes ago, pannellg said:

Thanks for your reply.  The only thing I'm confused about is the GA aircraft.  The IVAO folder that I understood that AIG uses does not contain any GA aircraft. And I was told by the gentleman who goes by the name of kiek over at the PSXT forum that I would have to insert the GA aircraft in order for them to show up and fly according to RealTraffic flightplans. What I hear you saying is that the GA aircraft that PSXT & RealTraffic use are the already-installed ASOBA GA aircraft.  Is that the case? 

Thanks again.

AIG doesn't currently contain GA aircraft models.  However, all GA aircraft will be seen, but will show up in MSFS as Cessna 208s or PC-12s - the smallest models in AIG. I fly mostly GA out of small airports and the patterns are often full of GA.

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

AIG doesn't currently contain GA aircraft models.  However, all GA aircraft will be seen, but will show up in MSFS as Cessna 208s or PC-12s - the smallest models in AIG. I fly mostly GA out of small airports and the patterns are often full of GA.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to have to find another airport other than Van Nuys KVNY.  I chose this one to test this because I have LiveATC and I'm on ground frequency listening to all this activity, but I never see any corresponding GA aircraft.  What's a good one in the UK?

KVNY is a good one because of all the GA and business jets.  AIG has plenty of business jet models.  I have observed there for a while and listened on LiveATC.net.

Just for information. In PSXT business jets are defined small aircraft and are always shown (if there are any). 

GA aircraft are defined to be light aircraft and only shown if the light checkbox is ticked (and if there are any of course)

Edited by kiek

10 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

KVNY is a good one because of all the GA and business jets.  AIG has plenty of business jet models.  I have observed there for a while and listened on LiveATC.net.

I'm doing something wrong, then.

10 hours ago, kiek said:

Just for information. In PSXT business jets are defined small aircraft and are always shown (if there are any). 

GA aircraft are defined to be light aircraft and only shown if the light checkbox is ticked (and if there are any of course)

kiek,

This is my parameters.xml file.  I have not been able to point my PSXT to the folders that contain my GA aircraft/liveries. (I use MSFS Addons, by the way):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<parameters>
    <parameter name="COLLISION_USER_GND" value="true" />
    <parameter name="SECOND_PSXT_FOR_RT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="PSXT_RT_SAME_COMPUTER" value="true" />
    <parameter name="RANDOM" value="true" />
    <parameter name="MAIN_WINDOW_X" value="-1918" />
    <parameter name="MAIN_WINDOW_Y" value="12" />
    <parameter name="SNAPSHOT_MINUTES" value="30" />
    <parameter name="DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_SMALL" value="75" />
    <parameter name="DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_MEDIUM" value="50" />
    <parameter name="DEFAULT_PERCENTAGE_LARGE" value="35" />
    <parameter name="BORDER_SMALL_MEDIUM" value="20" />
    <parameter name="BORDER_MEDIUM_LARGE" value="100" />
    <parameter name="CHANGE_CARGO_FLAG_THRESHOLD" value="3" />
    <parameter name="REMOVE_FALSE_THRESHOLD" value="50" />
    <parameter name="PROGRAM_VERSION" value="31.0.12-beta" />
    <parameter name="LIVERIES_FOLDER" value="" />
    <parameter name="STOCK_AIRPORTS_FOLDER" value="stock_airports" />
    <parameter name="ADDON_AIRPORTS_FOLDER" value="addon_airports" />
    <parameter name="SPECIALS" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder0" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX_N679BA" />
    <parameter name="lfolder1" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_livery-c172-MAF" />
    <parameter name="lfolder2" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels-EC-CAB" />
    <parameter name="lfolder3" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_livery-longitude-medevac" />
    <parameter name="lfolder4" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_CJ4_AIRAMBULANCE" />
    <parameter name="lfolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="RUNNING" value="false" />
    <parameter name="BLOCK_CALLSIGN" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder9" value="" />
    <parameter name="STOCK_AIRPORTS_PATH" value="F:\MSFS Recommended Content\Official\Steam" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="F:\MSFS Recommended Content\Community" />
    <parameter name="afolder1" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder2" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder3" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder4" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder9" value="" />
    <parameter name="INSTALL_PATH" value="C:\PSXT_MSFS" />
    <parameter name="FLIGHTPLANS_FOLDER" value="" />
    <parameter name="HIGH_PERF_AIRCRAFT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LIGHT_AIRCRAFT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="HELICOPTERS" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LIG_AUTOMATIC" value="true" />
    <parameter name="AFG_AUTOMATIC" value="true" />
    <parameter name="CLIENT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="SERVER" value="false" />
    <parameter name="ADD_ORIG_DEST" value="false" />
    <parameter name="ALWAYS_ON_TOP" value="false" />
    <parameter name="GARMIN" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LOG_MATCH_LIVE" value="true" />
    <parameter name="LOG_MATCH_STATIC" value="false" />
    <parameter name="TRAFFIC_WHEN_USER_AIRBORNE_ONLY" value="false" />
    <parameter name="RENUMBER_FORMAT" value="false" />
    <parameter name="COLLISION_LIVE_PARKED_GND" value="true" />
    <parameter name="LEARN_DESTINATION" value="false" />
    <parameter name="GLIDERS" value="false" />
    <parameter name="LATERAL_RANGE" value="40" />
    <parameter name="MATCHING_DEPTH" value="8" />
    <parameter name="PARKED_MATCHING_DEPTH" value="8" />
</parameters>
<parameters>
    <parameter name="DESTINATION_AIRPORT" value="" />
</parameters>

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

<parameter name="LIGHT_AIRCRAFT" value="false" />

That should be true!. Tick the Light checkbox in the UI....

FYI a tip: you could reduce these 5 lines 

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX_N679BA" />
    <parameter name="lfolder1" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_livery-c172-MAF" />
    <parameter name="lfolder2" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels-EC-CAB" />
    <parameter name="lfolder3" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_livery-longitude-medevac" />
    <parameter name="lfolder4" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries\Asobo_CJ4_AIRAMBULANCE" />

to jst  1:

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="F:\MSFS Addons Folder\Liveries" />

with the same results.

Edited by kiek

Thanks.  One thing that happens with PSXT app is that I always tick that particular block.  It always starts off unchecked.  Sometimes I forget to tick it, and then I do it after it's been running for a while...

I'll consolidate the other lines.  Thanks again.