Sign in to follow this  
Rasta_Dude

RWY26 MKJS missing ground markings in P3D v5

Hello,

today I came over an old scenery which I bought a few years ago and installed it into P3D v5. The airport is MKJS (Montego Bay) from RWY26, but I have issues with displaying the scenery correctly. I don't remember exactly but I think in earlier P3D versions I had no problems with it but in v5 I see no ground markings on the apron, taxiways and runway. I did a bit research and found this closed thread on Avsim:

I did everything in the instructions of Rico33 but unfortunately still have the same problem. I also added the SODE jetways which I've downloaded from the official developer site. Is there any way to get this scenery working in P3D v5?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Adrian 🙂

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

If I remember, when I did the excludes on the AFCADS for RWY26 MKJS and MKJP, I updated the elevation data to the real world values and ensured they were higher up on the scenery priority. Didn't have an issue with them since. Give that a try and see if it helps. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your response, Frank!

But could you explain this a bit futher?

I already:

1) installed the iniBuilds Compatibility Patch into the Scenery folder,

2) installed the AFCAD patch from the official developer website also into the Scenery folder,

3) renamed the MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.bgl file to MKJS_ADEP4_GB_CVX.bgl.OFF,

4) added SODE jetways downloaded from the official developer site

Even if I skip step 3) I unfortunately still have no ground markings.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Adrian

For whatever it's worth I have this finally working in v5 following the same steps you have above with taxilines rwy markets etc. You should not skip step 3.

• Like 1

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Sounds good, I'm happy for you that it's working on your end. I still have the issue doesn't matter if I do step 3 or not. Actually when I rename the ..._CVX.bgl file to .OFF my plane is sunken in the ground a few centimeters and I can see the default P3D markings below it.

Can you describe how you installed the files? Did you rename the new AFCAD file before placing it in the scenery folder and deleted the old one?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Adrian

It looks like I found a fix now.

I downloaded ModelConverterX and used the Ground polygon wizard of it. Simply loaded the ...GroundTextures.bgl file, changed latitude/longitude to the values I had from the ADE of the airport and the same thing for the altiutude. Then selected 'P3D v4.4' on the radio buttons, converted the file, renamed to the original file name and overwrote it in the 'Scenery' folder of the airport. And I didn't change the order of the texture layers or anything like this, just "re-converted" the file.

It's not perfect at some parts but all in all the ground markings look crisp and as they should I think.

I had actually no idea what I'm doing but luckily it works now. This video really helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyU1zfe3OO4

Hope this helps if someone has the same or similar issue with a scenery.

Kind regards

Adrian

Edited by Rasta_Dude

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing same issue with the same airport and tried everything there and didn't work, is there any possibility that you could share the fixed .bgl files?

Regards

Jean R.

• Like 1

Also would love that. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'll attach my modified file, if this is a problem because of copyright from the developer please feel free to remove the link. If you wanna do it by yourself here are the steps I've done a bit more detailed:

1.) download ModelConverterX from this website: https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/ (down on this page there is a 'Lates version' section and a link where it says: 'here'.)

2.) launch the MCX program as administrator and on the top menu bar click on Wizards > Ground polygon wizard...

3.) now search for a file called 'RWY26_MKJS_GroundTextures.BGL' or something like that in your Scenery folder of RWY26's MKJS (in my case the path is: C:\PREPAR3D\P3D_AddOns\RWY26 Simulations\Montego Bay (MKJS)\Scenery ), click on the 3 points in the polygon wizard window under 'Select file to convert' and open the file there

4.) when the file is loaded correctly you should see the ground texture layout of the airport (this works only if the 'textures' folder of the airport is placed where also the 'scenery' folder of the airport is), the textures maybe flicker a bit but that shouldn't matter for the result

5.) now paste following 3 values in the correct boxes: Latitude 18.505791128 // Longitude -77.912174910 // Altitude (m) 2133, also select 'P3D v4.4' under 'Options'

6.) under 'Select output BGL file' you can choose a location and name to safe the file, after that click on the 'Convert' button (**more information below**)

7.) I would recommend to do a backup of your original 'RWY26_MKJS_GroundTextures.BGL' file. For that go to your 'Scenery' folder of the airport again and simply add the extension .OFF to the end of the file name

8.) now go to the location where you saved the new file and rename it to 'RWY26_MKJS_GroundTextures.BGL' if it isn't done already, then move it into your airport's scenery folder

9.) start P3D and test the scenery, it should work now

** If you experience an issue at step 6.) where you can't convert the file because MCX shows an error about a missing 'modeldef.xml' path go to Options on the top menu bar > FS related settings > ModelDef Path > insert the path of the modeldef.xml file (in my case under: C:\PREPAR3D\Prepar3D v5 SDK 5.3.17.28160\Modeling\3ds Max\bin\modeldef.xml - you need the P3D SDK for that).

Also make sure in your windows settings that you use a point '.' for the decimal symbol instead of a comma ',' otherwise it won't work.

My file: RWY26_MKJS_GroundTextures.BGL

(I don't know if the site is completely serious where I uploaded the file, just googled for 'free file upload'. I downloaded it already and it seems to work so far. Use the blue download button with the arrow in the cloud symbol, cause there's also a fake button in the advertisement next to it)

I hope my file and the steps above helping a bit. Feel free to ask if you didn't understand something but please be aware that I have actually no knowledge about these programs and scenery development, I just did those steps and it worked.

Kind regards

Adrian 🙂

Edited by Rasta_Dude
  • Like 1

It worked! 

Much appreciated sir, in case it happen with any other airport (hopefully not) I just have to repeat those steps. As for sharing that file I don't really know if you could get trouble. 

Regards

Jean R.

• Like 1

Glad to hear, Jean. I don't know how this works with other airports. But great that I could help!

Kind regards

Adrian