Sign in to follow this  
Midcon113

No data from RealTraffic

Hi Nico,

I recently had to reinstall both Windows 11 and MSFS. I'm fully installed and patched up through Sim Update 9. I'm running 31.3.1 of PSXT, and 9.0.180 of RT, Standard Edition. My issue is that that PSXT is not receiving traffic data from RT, even though RT is showing all kinds of traffic on it's display.

I've read through the manual and also specifically FAQ 10 regarding potential fixes, including cycling from PSXT to Live Traffic, closing and restarting LT, and switching back to PSXT, deleting the RT .ini file in AppData, plugging in the actual IP of the machine running RT (same as the one running PSXT) and saving the new profile, and none of those options has cleared the problem. Multiple restarts of both RT and PSXT have not cleared the problem either.

I did have traffic at the gates of my departure airport, which was KFLL, and PSXT seems to not have any problems with my livery or scenery folders.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is potentially a SU9 issue, but I'm not sure what to try next. I am using add-on scenery for both KFLL and KORD (destination) but it's airborne traffic that I'm missing.

The other potential issue is that I started using a VPN (mainly due to the atrocious download speeds I was getting when trying to reinstall MSFS, and their FAQ on fixing that involved using a VPN, which actually did help solve that problem.) I'm not sure if that changes the settings that PSXT likes?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Midcon113
Added VPN details

Mark Lam

Did you install the latest Java version?  (RT needs that)

Did you install MS Visual C++ redistributive 2019 ( manual 1.1)?

Does RT show -in the radar screen- the airport where you are in msfs?

Edited by kiek

1) No - will do that now.

2) Not directly - I presumed Steam did that automatically. Will investigate.

3) Yes.

I'll tackle 1 and 2 and report back tomorrow. Thanks!

Mark Lam

20 hours ago, kiek said:

Did you install the latest Java version?  (RT needs that)

Did you install MS Visual C++ redistributive 2019 ( manual 1.1)?

Does RT show -in the radar screen- the airport where you are in msfs?

Hi Kiek,

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) When I originally posted this message, yes it did. Now, it does not.

I've tried reinstalling RT, but I think RT is having issues with me now using a VPN. That's all that's changed really. On the RT site there's a link to click on to check your connection which fails for me, but the rest of the internet is working fine.

So, I'm back to where I started. RT + PSXT + MSFS is showing AI traffic parked at the gates, but no planes taxiing and nothing airborne. Is there a way to contact the RT dev directly?

Thanks!

Mark Lam

UPDATE: It's now working. However, I have to switch RT to Spotter Mode first, then back to PSXT mode, for the traffic to show up.

Haven't had to do that in the past, so not sure what's causing that to trigger everything to work. For now it's a workaround though. Hope it helps shed some light if there is a bug.

Thanks!

Mark Lam

3 hours ago, Midcon113 said:

Is there a way to contact the RT dev directly?

Yes. You can find his email address at his web site.

• Like 1

I have a issue kinda on the same issue I can see traffic on the grond taxiing and everything as soon as i take off it disappears but still shows up on my EFB i use just not in the sim or at leas not were i can see it even if its less then 5 nm in front of me.

7 minutes ago, rbower25 said:

I have a issue kinda on the same issue I can see traffic on the grond taxiing and everything as soon as i take off it disappears but still shows up on my EFB i use just not in the sim or at leas not were i can see it even if its less then 5 nm in front of me.

But what is the live counter in the UI telling you?

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

But what is the live counter in the UI telling you?

33 right now at jfk i had 145 i was in a que for 45 mins as soon as i took off its all gone but still shows in my efb and the traffic counter 

Edited by rbower25

6 minutes ago, rbower25 said:

33 right now at jfk i had 145 i was in a que for 45 mins as soon as i took off its all gone but still shows in my efb and the traffic counter 

That's ok then!

Do note that you cannot see aircraft that are more then 8 nm away from you, clouds can also be in the way. At certain weather conditions you should see contrails of high flkying aircrfat.

If you have a TCAS you should see aircrfat at your TCAS too, if they are +/- 2700 ft above/below you and within TCAS lateral range.

You can also check the Radar screen of RT, what you see there, within your lateral range,  will be in MSFS too

You can check it further in Dev mode, go to the simobjects, airplanes etc.. and view a single aircraft.

Edited by kiek

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's ok then!

Do note that you cannot see aircraft that are more then 8 nm away from you, clouds can also be in the way. At certain weather conditions you should see contrails of high flkying aircrfat.

If you have a TCAS you should see aircrfat at your TCAS too, if they are +/- 2700 ft above/below you and within TCAS lateral range.

You can check it further in Dev mode, go to the simobjects, airplanes etc.. and view a single aircraft.

OK there there Just not visual to me that's funny thank you so much i can see them using the sim objects feater 🙂