Sign in to follow this  
Fitch93

Performance Settings

Is there somewhere I can find the Climb settings for this bird? The performance tables give you the Cruise settings but there aren't any for the Climb.

I'm looking for either exact RPM & Torque/ITT numbers or a range of numbers to use.

I've only managed to complete one full flight and that was because it was only about 25 miles and I leveled off around 4,000 feet. All of my other flights, I'm losing an engine before I get to 10,000 feet, and I'm pulling power back, and nothing is Red or in the Red.

Jason Fitch

Flying Tigers Group
Historic Airline Group

Sorry, I don't have any specs for you, but it sounds like you're checking your engine gauges and nothing is in the red. But, is anything in the yellow? You'll want to check Ng1, ITT, Torque, and RPMs for exceeding the limits. I believe you generally have to stay out of the red and yellow to stay good, so if you can manage that, I'm not sure there's much, real world, that you're missing in the climb.

Best,

Scott

6 hours ago, rightseat said:

Sorry, I don't have any specs for you, but it sounds like you're checking your engine gauges and nothing is in the red. But, is anything in the yellow? You'll want to check Ng1, ITT, Torque, and RPMs for exceeding the limits. I believe you generally have to stay out of the red and yellow to stay good, so if you can manage that, I'm not sure there's much, real world, that you're missing in the climb.

Best,

Scott

No, it's all in the green, in fact it's all green all the time, even at full takeoff power. Which leads me to believe Carenado left that out.

The thing that gets me the C90B's Normal Procedures document actually tells you your Max Torque, ITT, and N1. The King Air 200 is the same, I believe. But this one won't tell you, at least not for Climb, it gives you the Cruise settings. I suppose I could climb with the those.

One other question.....The Engine gauges for ITT and Torque have 2 Red Indicator lines on them, the first is just a line, the second is more T shaped....What are these specifically? I know their limit lines but which limit is each one?

Jason Fitch

Flying Tigers Group
Historic Airline Group

On 5/3/2022 at 1:36 AM, Fitch93 said:

No, it's all in the green, in fact it's all green all the time, even at full takeoff power. Which leads me to believe Carenado left that out.

Carenado's level of flight and systems modeling leaves much to be desired.  Carenado/Alabeo do not implement anything that is not a part of the original FSX flight and systems modeling.  One of our members here, Whalim77, was doing some custom modeling to fix some of the bigger issues with a number of Carendo/Alabeo aircraft.  Unfortunately, he has not posted and has not responded to emails for a few years now.  I fear that he may no longer be among the living.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

6 hours ago, stans said:

One of our members here, Whalim77, was doing some custom modeling to fix some of the bigger issues with a number of Carendo/Alabeo aircraft.  Unfortunately, he has not posted and has not responded to emails for a few years now.  I fear that he may no longer be among the living.

Great news on this front, actually: he checked in a week or so back in the 310 forum. Unfortunately, he is still dealing with those same family health issues that caused his departure from the forums, but I got the impression he was going to try to slowly get back in to modding and visiting with us here. So, fingers crossed things get better and better on his end because he's got a huge fan base. 🙂

17 hours ago, rightseat said:

Great news on this front, actually: he checked in a week or so back in the 310 forum. Unfortunately, he is still dealing with those same family health issues that caused his departure from the forums, but I got the impression he was going to try to slowly get back in to modding and visiting with us here. So, fingers crossed things get better and better on his end because he's got a huge fan base. 🙂

Best news I've heard in a while!

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.