Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

no tower at KMDW ??

I wont fly any where with out P2ATC but now we have the PMDG 737 the community has waited for. Many SWA flights out of Midway but you only show a unicom with no tower there... whats with that or have I mIssed something?

PLEASE ADVISE

jc

Must be something wrong with your data.  I get all the normal frequencies at KMDW.

Try pressing the Info button to the right of the flight plan and entering KMDW into the ICAO box to see what you get.

Dave

I have the same problem. I've been trying to fly out of KMDW and ATC takes me to the hold short point then nothing. I've tried all freqs shown but they don't recognize a departure request. So, I checked the approach plates which show 135.2 for Tower but P2A shows that freq for KMDW Airport Radar Control and doesn't acknowledge a request for departure either. I checked the airport .bgl with ADE and the correct frequency is there, so I don't think it's bad data. I also tried setting the Unicom freq (Info I presume) in Config to use it as tower but no dice.

I haven't tried taking off without clearance and contacting departure airborne because I thought it would tell me to contact ground.

Just for thoughts I fly for 2 VAs and I'm always on a time schedule. I can't spend too much time holding short and waiting for ATC while testing frequencies. So, any good advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

KMDW tower is 135.2 in the latest AIRAC data.  What version are you on?

Only Tower controllers can give takeoff clearance.  CTAF and UNICOM are for reporting VFR takeoffs.

If no tower is available, you can contact Center or Departure/Approach and get an IFR Release.  However, this airport has a tower.  If it's not showing, then there must be a problem with your AIRAC data level.

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I have IRAC 1801 which came with version 2.7.0.0 x 64 Beta 7L.

That data is the default data provided by Navigraph.  Navigraph and NavDataPro offer current updates for their data.  You can either subscribe on an annual basis or, I believe, you can still purchase just one cycle of current data for all the various SIM add-ons.

OR, in Pilot2ATC TaxiMnt, on the Ctlr tab, you can add/edit/delete controllers.  So you could add the tower and be good to go at MDW.

Dave

Hmmm... good to know. Though I'm confused as to the use of the AIRAC. On my simulator I have cycle 2213 installed. Does that mean that I have to download another for P2A? When I went to Navigraph they want to sell me a version for each airplane I fly. That Doesn't make sense to me, sorry. The one I have installed is an update to the sim database and covers the whole world regardless of the airplane I fly.

I think I'll try the option you suggested:

"OR, in Pilot2ATC TaxiMnt, on the Ctlr tab, you can add/edit/delete controllers.  So you could add the tower and be good to go at MDW. "

Thanks again.

Jim

You pay Navigraph once for a cycle of data, and get the data for all the planes and programs for that cycle for that one price.  Or for a year if you go with the yearly subscription.  You don't pay for each program or plane.

Dave