Sign in to follow this  
Gixxar

Massive FPS Drop MSFS 2020

When using PSXT + RealTraffic I get a massive Fps drop. 85FPS without and 35FPS with? No addons except PMDG 737 for testing, and my specs are MSFS 2020 i9 10900K, RTX3090, 32GB memory. Is this normal to see?

Tried to add screenshots of the sim running with and without apps running but can't seem to add.  

Thanks

Lee

That is a SU9 problem. Asobo is working on it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hoho342 said:

I back this I am also experiencing loads of lag!

Same answer! 😉

Edited by kiek

1 minute ago, hoho342 said:

Any idea if and when they may have a patch, may be a silly question!

Only Asobo knows. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm seeing the same thing, but I thought it was occurring prior to SU9

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

19 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I'm seeing the same thing, but I thought it was occurring prior to SU9

Apart from SU9 it all depends on your "slider settings" in MSFS. I have a 4 year old PC with an i5 and 1070ti, 16 mb ram and I am still getting 60 fps....

Thanks Nico,

The hit is with the AI Traffic. Sitting at Terminal 5 at EGLL I get 80+ FPS without traffic but when I add in RealTraffic with around 35% parked static about 50 aircraft) it drops back down to 25-30 ish. To be honest, thats actually worse than P3D.

Hopefully SU10 fixes something.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

On 5/22/2022 at 7:17 AM, KL Oo said:

Thanks Nico,

The hit is with the AI Traffic. Sitting at Terminal 5 at EGLL I get 80+ FPS without traffic but when I add in RealTraffic with around 35% parked static about 50 aircraft) it drops back down to 25-30 ish. To be honest, thats actually worse than P3D.

Hopefully SU10 fixes something.

In my case SU10 did not fixed, is worst. For example in LAX I'm getting 45-50 fps without traffic and a big drop to 18-20 fps with traffic injected.

13 hours ago, jcuellar said:

In my case SU10 did not fixed, is worst. For example in LAX I'm getting 45-50 fps without traffic and a big drop to 18-20 fps with traffic injected.

Well you name one of the most demanding airports in the world....., you should keep your LOD below 100

Don't know if you are using FSLTL liveries too, note they are much heavier on gpu/cpu then the AIG aircraft. Scaling down the FSLTL texture is recommended

Edited by kiek

10 hours ago, kiek said:

Well you name one of the most demanding airports in the world....., you should keep your LOD below 100

Don't know if you are using FSLTL liveries too, note they are much heavier on gpu/cpu then the AIG aircraft. Scaling down the FSLTL texture is recommended

Absolutely, LAX it is a tremendous FPS eater.

Thx Kiek.

Edited by kiek

I fiddle with my per-airport % parked aircraft setting, so that I never have more than 30-or-so aircraft (so lower % at bigger airports).

CPU is the main limiting factor here. I also get a big drop, and the MSFS built-in FPS meter shows me that it's tied to CPU, not GPU.

In my case I have an nVidia 2080 Super for video, but only an i7 9700k processor.