Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Need to fix my Seasons in P3dv5

I've brought this up in the past on this forum, and although I thought it was fixed, it is not!  My Seasons are not showing correctly in P3dv5.  It is now Spring, and I have Autumn textures everywhere.  I've re-installed Orbx HD trees and Terra Flora v2, and I've done everything I know to try to get a correct rendition of just green foliage as it's supposed to be.  I've reinstalled the Scenery File in P3d and nothing works.  I've checked the Scenery Folder in P3d and the Seasons BGL is there, although I'm not sure if it's complete.

How can I reinstall Default trees in P3d?  Perhaps that will help. Do I need to totally reinstall P3d or is there something else I can try.  

Appreciate it.

Stan

Is the date set to Spring in the sim?  The scenario determines the date P3D uses, not the current date.  The date set in the default flight does not change automatically...if you want the sim to load to the current season, you have to load a session, change the date/time, and save it back out as the default flight.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Is the date set to Spring in the sim?  The scenario determines the date P3D uses, not the current date.  The date set in the default flight does not change automatically...if you want the sim to load to the current season, you have to load a session, change the date/time, and save it back out as the default flight.

Great tip. I did NOT know that. I will try that tonight when I get home.  I'm home now and I tried your tip.

WOW.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I never dreamed that my default fault, and its scenario, which I set up in Autumn was causing the consistent fall textures.  I assumed that when I RESET my flight to current time that everything would be fine.  I flew tonight in beautiful Spring weather with  Spring textures. I struggled with this in so many ways over the last few weeks.  I will continually change my default flight's date and season as I go forward. 

I am grateful to you for this tip, and I'm grateful for this forum.  Much appreciated, Bob.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1

I have P3D set to real system time that way it loads the present spring time, It is also why I don`t buy ORBX TE no seasons flying from winter in Europe to summer in the UK kills it. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I have P3D set to real system time that way it loads the present spring time, It is also why I don`t buy ORBX TE no seasons flying from winter in Europe to summer in the UK kills it. 

I always checked that too...however, it didn't affect the seasons correctly.  It did keep the TIME correctly.