Sign in to follow this  
GreenBaron

Fenix installation problem

I have the same problem as well and a special character in my username " ï ". Just like some of the users, I can't just reinstall windows with a different username. @Aamir do you know if there's any way to get the files to be installed "manually"? I have also submitted a tickets 3 days ago but no update since unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, swisspilot101 said:

I have the same problem as well and a special character in my username " ï ". Just like some of the users, I can't just reinstall windows with a different username. @Aamir do you know if there's any way to get the files to be installed "manually"? I have also submitted a tickets 3 days ago but no update since unfortunately.

If you're willing to be a tester for some experimentation I want to do, please drop me a DM and I'll put you in touch with our developer responsible for the installer. We'll whip up some experimental builds for you to try and get to the bottom of this. 

Aamir Thacker

Hi All!

I found a possible reason of the issue. 

If its not your user profile name of Windows, check that:

Make sure that the account that you used to play MSFS2020 or to play other game (you main account) is a local admin account.

If you have, like me, a seconde account who are admin, to keep a certain security on your main account, you need to change, on your admin account, the type of account of your main account (change as an admin account). then, go back to your main account, run the installer, and then, when they reauest to put an admin account, click "more choice" and select the name of your main accont (and just put the password)

So I think; if you put another account that your main account for admins credential, the installer check automatically the files data of the account that you put, to run the installer. and if you didnt installed mfs2020 on the admin account that you put, he will just dont find any path of the game, as he is simply not installed on the admin user profile

I hope it was clear 🙂

Hi all,

My windows name account doesn't have any spacial caracters, and i'm running windows on my only admin account, nothing solved.

Any more advise?

Tnk's

Cattura.PNG

Edited by Nicolo Teta