Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Tiller pedal disc with Fenix and hardware tiller

Maybe someone can help me with the syntax thanks...

Button up

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number) ;[0,000000]
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number):[0,000000)

Button down

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number) ;[1,000000]
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number):[2,000000)

André

3 hours ago, awf said:

No one it's based on a rpn script?

What exactly is the question, what do you want to do? Momentarily press that button? Toggle it? Switch it?

">" is the setter for sim variables (see AAO manual, the chapter about Scripting).
So to assign a value to that LVar you use this (theoretically, I can't test it).

Button Down
1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number)
Button Up.
0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number)

Be mindful of the space characters, it is extremely important to get them right.

But after collecting the LVars in AAO you can also do this with just the button assignment and without any scripts.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On 5/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, Lorby_SI said:

What exactly is the question, what do you want to do? Momentarily press that button? Toggle it? Switch it?

">" is the setter for sim variables (see AAO manual, the chapter about Scripting).
So to assign a value to that LVar you use this (theoretically, I can't test it).

Button Down
1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number)
Button Up.
0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number)

Be mindful of the space characters, it is extremely important to get them right.

But after collecting the LVars in AAO you can also do this with just the button assignment and without any scripts.

I want to press the button down and hold on my hardware and also in the sim and when release set it to off...

Button released

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number·==0)
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number·==0)

Button down

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number·==1)
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number·==2)

I capture the event when pressing the button on the tiller unit in the sim...

But I'm missing something here....

Thanks for the help appreciated 🙂

Edited by awf

André

14 minutes ago, awf said:

Button released

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number·==0)
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number·==0)

Button down

1·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number·==1)
2·(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number·==2)

Sorry, but I have no idea what that is supposed to mean? This is not even RPN syntax. Can't you just describe in your own words what you want to happen with which variable?

Did you try the scripts that I posted?

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

OK, trying to guess - and looking into the Behavior XML
Left Down code is
(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) ! (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number)

Left Release Code is
(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number) } els{ 2 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number) }

The _Anim variable suggests that it is responsible for the animation of the "thing" in the cockpit. If you don't utilize it, the knob will not move - but that doesn't matter, because it is just visuals. The actual aircraft system is apparently operated with the other LVar, the one without "_Anim" 
(yes, this may sound strange, but it is true - operation of the aircraft system and visual movement of the button in the VC are two different things. You can easily have one without the other)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

18 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Left Down code is
(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) ! (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number)

Left Release Code is
(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number) } els{ 2 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number) }

The _Anim variable suggests that it is responsible for the animation of the "thing" in the cockpit. If you don't utilize it, the knob will not move - but that doesn't matter, because it is just visuals. The actual aircraft system is apparently operated with the other LVar, the one without "_Anim" 
(yes, this may sound strange, but it is true - operation of the aircraft system and visual movement of the button in the VC are two different things. You can easily have one without the other)

It works! Thank you been waiting for that button.

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Left Down code is

Left Release Code is

Thanks for the support it works now, really appreciated 🙂

Edited by awf

André