Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

Is Net 2.0 required for FSX and/SP1?

I ran into an issue installing ASX last night where it wouldn't connect with Simconnect. The problem was my simconnect was not installed or not working. The solution, which I found in the HIFISIM forum, was to uninstall SP1 and then reinstall it. ASX requires Microsoft Net 2.0, so I installed this just before installing ASX, but after I had installed SP1. Apparently Net 2.0 is required to be on your computer in order for simconnect to install. I have never heard this before. I just checked the FSX box,FSinsider site, and Phil's blog and did not see any mention of it being required for either FSX or SP1.So Phil, ACES team members, or beta testers:1) Is Net 2.0 required before installing FSX and/or SP1 or did I do something else wrong?2) If Net 2.0 is required, where is this mentioned?3) Does not having NET 2.0 installed on your computer before installing FSX or SP1 effect anything else besides simconnect? texture loading maybe?I am posting this here instead of at tellfs@fsinsider for the benefit of the rest of the community.I was fit to be tied last night when I found this out because I had just got my system running smooth with no blurries and I was concerned the install/reinstall of SP1 was going to mess everything up. I am happy to say that it did not, FSX is still running well, and ASX+XG is fantastic, better than the sceenshots can convey.TedP4 3.0 HT, 1 gig RAM, 6800GT

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

.net is not required for simconnect. However .net 2.0 is required for managed progams that use simconnect.Jos

So in my case is the managed program requiring Net 2.0 FSX or ASX?Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks for clarifying that guys.Ted