Sign in to follow this  
five-birds

Problems with CereProc Voicec

Hello Everyone,
Maybe someone can help me with the following issue:

I tried to use Amazon Polly voices, but they were not really reliable. So i decided to buy 5 Voicec from CereProc. After installing them in P2ATC (V2.6.3.1 Public Beta 2) everything went fine. After the flight i shut down my PC and on the next day i tried to make a flight. I started P2ATC, filed a plan but now voice was coming out of the speakers. I shut down P2ATC and restarted it, than it worked. Today, the same game: I started P2ATC but the voicec were not giving any tone. So again, restarted P2ATC. I checked if the voicec are speaking, ans as this was the case, i started a flight. But now EVERY Station sound like my set-up CoPilot Voice.... Even i i make the test for a differen voice, P2ATC is using the CoPilot voice....

I have installed and set up the follwoing Cereproc voices: William, Stuart, Hannah, Caitlin and Kirsty. As ATC i use the robotic Windows Voice "David"

BR Five-Birds

It's possible that the AppConfig.xml file that hold the Confg data has been corrupted, causing the program not to reload your saved settngs.

Also, the ATCVoice file may be damaged, causing the voice settings to be lost.

Try deleting both the AppConfig.xml and the ATCVoice.xml files located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\
where <UserName> is your PC user name.  Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Both files will be rebuilt when you run and configure P2A the next time.

Dave

So, I did testing, but nothing helps. Each time I start P2ATC I have first gone to the config, see if the voices work or not, then reconfigure the voices (delete and re-assign them) and maybe then it will work. Sometimes no voices are coming out of the speakers and I have to restart P2ATC again and repeat the whole procedure. So, atm it is not usable for me, as the time i spent in reloading and reconfigurate the voices is very disapointent and takes too much time. Unfortunately, I relied on others who said that the cereproc voices are working 100 % and spent a lot of money for it..... 

18 hours ago, five-birds said:

I relied on others who said that the cereproc voices are working 100 %

There must be something else going on with your system.

Myself, and the group I fly with (4 others) all have Cereproc and it works 100% of the time without issue or fail for all of us. Along with countless others on the MSFS forums. 

Reinstalling the voices might help.  Also, you might check with CereProc.  Sometimes they release new versions of voices that have problems when P2A loads and unloads them switching between controllers.  Older, more stable versions of the same voices work fine.

It could also be a problem with the driver for your headset.  Try uninstalling, then reinstalling the latest driver for your headset.  I was having issues using the standard Realtek High Def Sound driver and this fixed it for me.

Dave