Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger604

After installing SP1 I have had some sound issues ...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i get sound cutouts where it appears that half the channels drop off. I notice it happening when panning.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I had it pre and post sp1... nothing new. onboard soundmax audio FTW!

> (popping/scratching) anyone else notice this?Do you have a PCI soundcard or just onboard?I found onboard sound far better then an add-on card whan it comes down to popping/scratching/clicking.On my previous system, i got me a Creative Audigy which i thought would help boosting performance a bit. I didn't do that and i got an extra with it...popping/scratching. Removing this card and turning back to the on-board sound removed also the popping/scratching problem.Looking through various forums to resolve this problem, i came accross nothing that could help. It also seemed that popping/scratching only occur when your CPU is on full load. If you're running a multicore CPU, your 2nd core can reach 100% now without a problem. Maybe that is causing the popping/scratching? Why onboard sound suffers less from this problem is still a bit of a mistery to me (maybe that the PCI-bus on full CPU load get's knocked down every now and then).One tip gave as solution that if you add a soundcard to your system (on top of an onboard soundcard), you have to re-install your PC from scratch because installing a soundcard later on in the process can cause severe popping/scratching. I don't know if this is true, didn't try it myself.

After SP1 if I have any accelleration on my sound card FSX locks up after about 10 minutes every time. I believe it's a driver problem but haven't figured it out yet.