Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Little confused how to use mce msfs

Hello

Just brought this and it's great for basic commands in the PMDG 737 beta but I'm not sure how to use the copilot to run all checklists and act as the co pilot for the flight running his tasks, maybe I have the wrong idea and this not like fs2crew script as this seems to offer a lot more flexibility and can also listen to voice attack at the same time, I use that to change views which is excellent

Am I essentially just using him as an aid to do all things asked or is he capable of independently running his own flows through out the flight, I think MCE is a lot more capable than I comprehend yet and I plan to dive into the documents as soon as possible. I find the developer to be very efficient and friendly which I appreciate

Thanks all

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

7 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Hello

Just brought this and it's great for basic commands in the PMDG 737 beta but I'm not sure how to use the copilot to run all checklists and act as the co pilot for the flight running his tasks, maybe I have the wrong idea and this not like fs2crew script as this seems to offer a lot more flexibility and can also listen to voice attack at the same time, I use that to change views which is excellent

Am I essentially just using him as an aid to do all things asked or is he capable of independently running his own flows through out the flight, I think MCE is a lot more capable than I comprehend yet and I plan to dive into the documents as soon as possible. I find the developer to be very efficient and friendly which I appreciate

Thanks all

Wayne

Welcome aboard Wayne.

No, this isn't a Fs2crew clone.

It's a genuine "Fully interactive crew simulation" as opposed to a "scripted adventure where you are expected to kick into action at key moments and only speaking the correct command.

No 2 MCE users will have the same crew experience. You make it.

Could use it the way you use VoiceAttack (with the advantage of FO knowing switches state and not just toggle randomly and also ability to dial things like Radios, MSP HDG, ALT SPD which VoiceAttack can't

You could use it as Fs2crew by restricting yourself to only triggering flows, with the adavtage of being able to set the exact trigger sentence you'd like to use rather than memorize one from a manual.

You could combine the two, like give FO a task to perform (a flow), then right in the middle of the flow throw the odd command to switch or dial something, or even to remind you about something like latest wind.

In MCE UI, go to <Command> tab and click <Voxscript>

You'll see a number of pre-made flows. Their names are the trigger sentences.

If you can't be bothered to memorize them, rename them to something you may be used to in Fs2crew and the new name becomes the trigger sentence.

By default, all flows are "verbose" with FO commenting on everything he does, and also switching the entire panel switches.

This is mostly so new users can follow what the FO is doing and also gives you an idea about the kind of speech commands you could use to command an item directly.

Select a flow and click <Edit>

In next screen, turn "Verbose" option OFF for silent execution. Then click <Edit script commands>

You'll then see the list of all actions FO will be performing as part of that specific flow.

Depending on which airline SOPs you're following, you may want to removbe items you will be handling yourself and leave out others you think should be done by FO. That way, you'll have the perfect task sharing

You can also create new tsks for FO to perform as you see fit, even thing to handle emergencies if you wanted.

Regarding checklist feature.

Go to checklist tab and you should see a list of headers dynamically retrieved from whatever checklist is selected. Real world pilots can elect to assign their own company checklist.

To trigger a section, speak one of the listed headers and append the word "checklist" or "check"

before start checklist

after start check

You can get the FO to read any section as many times as you like. There is no protocol to follow like only speak this when you have done that. Voice control wouldn't be fun with such restrictions.

If you have setup commands in VoiceAttack, leave out those intended for cockpit switching (I doubt anything works with this bird), as there are already tens of thousands of built-in commands.

To prevent running 2 instances of the speech engine, click....

Start->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey and open "FS2020.vkp" profile.

Add the commands you created in VoiceAttack, then close the Voxkey.

When MCE runs, it will  look-up the profile and make those custom speech commands available for speech recognition.

Voxkey isn't suitable for cockpit work.as it doesn't care about initial state. just toggles things the way VoiceAttack does.

David has posted a new video. Bear in mind, you don't have to use MCE his way.

He has many other videos you may want to watch.

<media>

me

Thank you for the fantastic info

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Welcome aboard Wayne.

No, this isn't a Fs2crew clone.

It's a genuine "Fully interactive crew simulation" as opposed to a "scripted adventure where you are expected to kick into action at key moments and only speaking the correct command.

No 2 MCE users will have the same crew experience. You make it.

Could use it the way you use VoiceAttack (with the advantage of FO knowing switches state and not just toggle randomly and also ability to dial things like Radios, MSP HDG, ALT SPD which VoiceAttack can't

You could use it as Fs2crew by restricting yourself to only triggering flows, with the adavtage of being able to set the exact trigger sentence you'd like to use rather than memorize one from a manual.

You could combine the two, like give FO a task to perform (a flow), then right in the middle of the flow throw the odd command to switch or dial something, or even to remind you about something like latest wind.

In MCE UI, go to <Command> tab and click <Voxscript>

You'll see a number of pre-made flows. Their names are the trigger sentences.

If you can't be bothered to memorize them, rename them to something you may be used to in Fs2crew and the new name becomes the trigger sentence.

By default, all flows are "verbose" with FO commenting on everything he does, and also switching the entire panel switches.

This is mostly so new users can follow what the FO is doing and also gives you an idea about the kind of speech commands you could use to command an item directly.

Select a flow and click <Edit>

In next screen, turn "Verbose" option OFF for silent execution. Then click <Edit script commands>

You'll then see the list of all actions FO will be performing as part of that specific flow.

Depending on which airline SOPs you're following, you may want to removbe items you will be handling yourself and leave out others you think should be done by FO. That way, you'll have the perfect task sharing

You can also create new tsks for FO to perform as you see fit, even thing to handle emergencies if you wanted.

Regarding checklist feature.

Go to checklist tab and you should see a list of headers dynamically retrieved from whatever checklist is selected. Real world pilots can elect to assign their own company checklist.

To trigger a section, speak one of the listed headers and append the word "checklist" or "check"

before start checklist

after start check

You can get the FO to read any section as many times as you like. There is no protocol to follow like only speak this when you have done that. Voice control wouldn't be fun with such restrictions.

If you have setup commands in VoiceAttack, leave out those intended for cockpit switching (I doubt anything works with this bird), as there are already tens of thousands of built-in commands.

To prevent running 2 instances of the speech engine, click....

Start->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey and open "FS2020.vkp" profile.

Add the commands you created in VoiceAttack, then close the Voxkey.

When MCE runs, it will  look-up the profile and make those custom speech commands available for speech recognition.

Voxkey isn't suitable for cockpit work.as it doesn't care about initial state. just toggles things the way VoiceAttack does.

David has posted a new video. Bear in mind, you don't have to use MCE his way.

He has many other videos you may want to watch.

<media>

me

Wayne such

Disregard this message, I had Voxscript and VoxKey mixed up LOL

Hi

Can I just confirm something you said about Voxkey, you said it is used for Copilot flows so I assume it knows the switch states but then later on at the end you advised Voxkey is not good for cockpit work as it does not know the switch states similar to Voice attack

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Vox key is similar to Voice Attack. You type in a verbal command and then assign a keypress. It doesn't recognise key States. Vox Script is the master! It can work through entire flows....see my Avsim Library flows for the 737....they all work! Also you can edit them to your liking😁

• Like 1

Googled this just now, having just purchased it myself, have not got a clue what im doing but will go throught all the info provided here. Thankyou