Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

0700EST Bug, sim will not load until almost 0900

Tried this three morning in a row as I've been up working on other tasks.  This seems to be similar to the 6pm EST weather bug. Now the sim will just hang at it's final load up with the bar at the bottom almost complete.  If you let it sit there you can't get into the sim until close to 9am est. Tried deleting the Cache, loading up in 'Safe Mode', defragging the drive only to get the same results.  Started a thread in the official forums to see if others have seen this.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Tried this three morning in a row as I've been up working on other tasks.  This seems to be similar to the 6pm EST weather bug. Now the sim will just hang at it's final load up with the bar at the bottom almost complete.  If you let it sit there you can't get into the sim until close to 9am est. I'm checking the official forums to see if this has been mentioned.

You didn't say where so I tried KMCO. No problem loading the PMDG 737 with live weather at Gate 31. 07:55 EDT.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

You didn't say where so I tried KMCO. No problem loading the PMDG 737 with live weather at Gate 31. 07:55 EDT.

I was referring to starting the sim cold for the first time in the morning.  My sim hangs right before getting to the main start screen let alone picking a destination for a flight.

FS2020 

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

I was referring to starting the sim cold for the first time in the morning.

That is what I did after reading your post. 

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just so this isn't left hanging, seems like SU9 doesn't like 20 gigs of cache (at least not on my system).  I deleted my cache from the folder in file explorer, fully powered down/restarted my computer, loaded up FS, and the sim started.  I looked and a default cache of 8gigs was set.  I left it there and haven't had a problem since. 😎

Edited by Dillon

FS2020